Apparently Cameron has hit the terrible twos! I thought that meant two years old, but Cam is an over achiever and likes to get a head start on things so he started at two months, I guess?! The last few weeks he has decided he HATES his car seat and is miserable riding in a car (which makes the car ride misrable for me too!) Going anywhere with him is a night mare...I used to want to get out of the house and go somewhere, do something, anything! After I recovered from my c-section I would go to McDonalds drive through to get a diet coke and considered that an outting...then I got brave and extended my adventures to the grocery store and felt like I was in heaven being able to get out and experience the world again. But after today I have decided it's not worth all the trouble of torturing Cameron or myself...now that he has discovered he has a set of lungs and must like to hear the sound of his screaming. We went to the grocery store today, but didn't make it out of the house until 3:00 because Cameron decided he was actually going to take a nap longer than 10 minutes (yippee...except my arm fell asleep holding him, but hey he got a two hour nap!) I thought I had timed it just right, he had eaten, taken a great nap and had a clean diaper...I thought for sure he would stay in his car seat grocery shopping this time! It was a nice thought. I had to carry him the whole time while pulling the cart behind me (just like every other shopping experience!) Oh-well at least he stopped crying...until the car ride home when he decided to out do his crying on the way there. I tried to put him in his baby bjorn when we got home so I could unload the groceries from the car and into the house, but that just made him mad. So...I decided to vent to Jer...I sent him a text that said "I am never, I repeat never going to go to the grocery store with Cam again...and will probabaly never take him out anywhere again" It was a little harsh and I was only half way serious :) Well, Jeremy texted back and told me that he was in a meeting doing a demo showing the CEO, owner & board members of his company the computer application he has developed for their product AND since the application is on his phone it was plugged into the computer that was projected onto the wall and my text was up for everyone to read!! Wow, if I could only take that back...I really am not a crazy wife or mother...I was just having a moment...a moment that was cured by a Diet Coke and chocolate :)
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have a car seat screamer, too. It's a big challenge since we live 15 minutes from everything -- Target, the grocery store, friends houses -- so 15 minutes of pure crying is hard. I have found that turning on the radio and singing along to WHATEVER might be on at the time can sometimes help my sanity.
ReplyDeleteOh how I remember those days with Mason. Mason thankfully took a binkie and after he cried hysterically for a bit would take a binkie and settle down. After Mason.., it makes me incredibly grateful for my easy going daugther who's just happy to be where ever it is we are. Good luck! Keep taking him out though..., he'll get over it eventually.., I promise!
ReplyDeleteOh thats funny! Glad you were able to take care of it all though with soda and chocolate. I think I need some chocolate today too...
ReplyDeleteha ha ha. That is so funny -- how embarassing! I can just see Jeremy trying to explain that one to everyone. That will make you think twice about ever texting him again. Luckily it wasn't anything worse!!! HE HE HE
ReplyDeleteah, the woes of motherhood. i feel for you. lets hang out next week. you free? did you see i put up a new post? its super interesting.
ReplyDelete