Jeremy and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary this weekend (a little early...the actual day is the 25th.) Park City has a lot of meaning to us. Jeremy asked me to marry him in Park City and we also spent 2 nights in the Marriott Resort in Park City after our wedding before we headed to North Carolina. So what better place to celebrate our anniversary? We stayed in the Marriott Vacation Club-Mountain Side Resort Thrusday night through Saturday. A HUGE Thanks to Margo, Rick and their kids for watching Cameron so we could get away. It was really hard to leave Cam for the first time, and I felt sad when I drove off without him. I texted Margo several times that first day/night to make sure he was ok and see what he was doing because I missed him. Jeremy said I needed a break...I didn't really think I did, but after we were there for a few hours I realized I NEEDED a break and was thankful for it! Also, a big thank you to my parents for watching Tica...she always loves going to Grammy & Grampy's house because she is spoiled and allowed to lay on their couches.

This is a picture from our room, we had an awesome view from the 7th floor. We had such a relaxing, fun time shopping, eating out (we found a great BBQ place), watching a movie (we rented "Breach" popped popcorn and got comfy on the couch in our room, sleeping in was soooo nice, sitting in the hot tub at night was a little bit of heaven! The ski resort opened on Saturday, and we planned to ski/snowboard, but changed our minds when we found out only 2 runs were open and they were charging $50!! You can only ski the same run so many times before you get bored. Plus the snow isn't that good yet...mostly man made snow so far! $100 seemed like a rip off, so we decided to wait until a little later in the season when we get some better snow. Pleanty of people (the die-hards) hit the slopes though.

We didn't take very many pictures, but did catch this awesome sunset one night. It was so pretty and filled the whole sky.

Jeremy suprised me with
BILLY JOEL tickets. He gave me my gift the night we got to the hotel and I screamed so loud and kept screaming and celebrating jumping up and down because I was
SOOO excited, I am sure everyone in the whole hotel heard me! The bad news is the concert was supposed to be Friday night and they announced that Billy was sick so they were postponing the concert :( Oh-well I guess I have something to look forward to now! It was hard to leave the life of luxury, but I couldn't wait to go get Cameron, we were going to go to dinner first and then pick him up but I couldn't wait any longer. so we decided to pick him up first, I ran into the house to find out he was taking a nap!! Thanks Jeremy for planning such an awesome weekend and for the best gift ever!! I love you and look forward to many, many more anniversaries with you...
Fun! I want a vacation like that...sleeping in, I forgot that even existed! i'm so jel.
ReplyDeletebeautiful pictures!! So glad you got away. We all had fun helping you get to do this. Glad little Cameron was so good for Margo and Rick. Tica is always a good dog. Remember, Don't lose your tickets to Billy Joel. Sorry that part didn't work out, but like you said you have more to look forward to.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary Meg!!! What a sweet husband!!! I am so glad you had a great time!
ReplyDelete