Sunday, November 21, 2010

Yay for Nursery!

I have been taking Cameron into Nursery for the past several months even though he hasn't been old enough. I stay in there with him and he gets to have snacks and play. He couldn't wait to go there every Sunday. He doesn't turn 18 months for another week, so technically he shouldn't be in there by himself. But they let me leave him in there today. I was excited for the "freedom" to be able to go to my class and actually listen and participate instead of chase Cameron around and keep him occupied, quiet, and off all the chairs. However, I was a little sad and nervous too! What if he cried? What if a kid took a toy from him? What if he needed something and the leaders weren't paying attention? The list goes on and on... I knew I shouldn't really worry though. They would come get me if he was crying. And knowing Cameron he would be fine, have fun, and play.

(off the subject, but notice the little hole in his cast by his heel...yes he has worn a hole in his cast just by running around ALL day long)

And that is exactly what happened! He was so excited to show me his picture they gave the kids of the Prophet President Monson. He also colored a picture of things to do to follow the prophet. He loves singing time and can't wait to get his hand stamped after they sing. Cameron is so cute sitting in the tiny chairs at the table eating his snacks. I have to admit that I did leave class 4 or 5 times to peek in the class window just to check on him. I know "such a first time mom move". Let's hope the rest of the Sunday's from here on out are just as good! I might start enjoying Sunday's again :)



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for visiting us and showing what a big boy you are now. We loved seeing what you got in the nursery. That is a very special picture of a very special man. Always remember to follow the Prophet. I know you will because you have such GREAT PARENTS to teach you and help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cameron is going to be just fine. I love to see how much they grow. It is so fun to see them sing and do the actions along with you. Enjoy your freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is SO fun to catch up with you on your blog!!!! I wish we could have been neighbors longer :( I really would LOVE to see you and your darling Cameron! I am hoping to be able to come that way soon to see everyone :) hope all is well!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete