Monday, November 26, 2012

Gobble 'til you wobble


Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays!  It was a little more low key this year but still a great day.  


Kenzie loves books....such a cute picture of Grammy reading to her 


She thought it was funny we put an olive on her finger...but that's how you have to eat them right?


getting ready to stuff ourselves




Taking a picture of Kenzie we said "say cheese" and this was her face.  We all died laughing...she squinted her eyes shut.


Cameron had fun taking pictures of everyone at dinner.  That's how I got him to stay in his seat and eat.  He had to take a bite and then he could take a picture.  I deleted about 15 pictures of the ceiling, floor, his shoes etc.  It kept him busy.





I am grateful for my family and for my parents' example of what a family is!  I am grateful for traditions and for a mom who despite a fractured femur bone, being on crutches, and suffering from carpel tunnel still made a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner (she NEVER thinks of herself or complains).  She loves to serve and do for others. I am thankful for my dad and his sense of humor, I am guaranteed a good laugh whenever I am around him.  I appreciate the example he is and for the support he gives my mom.  Without him this year there wouldn't have been a dinner!  I love my immediate family.  Thanksgiving time is also our anniversary month....6 years ago we were married and now I have 2 amazing kids.  I am blessed to have all that I have....a hardworking husband, healthy and happy children, the gospel and knowledge that families are forever.  I am thankful to live in this country where I have many freedoms.  I am blessed in so many ways and count my blessings everyday.  It will be interesting to see where we are a year from now, I look forward to another Thanksgiving!!  Next year I won't buy the pie from Costco I plan to make a pumpkin cheesecake :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got some pictures. Cam sure was having fun with the camera. I think he took that one of his Dad! Can't believe he knows how to use the camera. He was just Kenzie's size...what happened. I blinked and he is all grown up! Hope next year I am back to normal, whatever that is:) Thanks for all your help. Couldn't have done it without your help. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you guys --- looks like another fun thanksgiving dinner!!!

    ReplyDelete