Jeremy and I went to Italy for a "fun" "relaxing" get away. It turned out to be quite the adventure with lots of stories to tell! My friend Amanda watched the kids for a few days and then we flew Grammy T out to stay and watch the kids the rest of the time we were gone.
We threw coins in Treve fountain and made wishes. I probably wished that we wouldn't get anymore tickets and we would stay safe the rest of the trip :)
Taking a tour of the Colessum was probably the coolest thing. It gave me chills to picture what went on in that arena and just being there I could feel the thrill and excitement of the fights and the crowds cheering! It was really interesting!
We drove over to check out the progess of the temple being built. It was awesome to see. Too bad it wasn't finished so we could do a session. Guess we will have to go back one day!
Of course we had to go to the Academia and see the art and the statue of David. I took a picture of the other side of him....nobody ever sees that side?!
Florence was awesome. The architecture all over Italy is unreal. The old building that are all around are so cool.
We drove over to Pisa for a few hours. It was such a cool place. I took so many awesoem pictures of me jumping in front of the tower, ones that looked like I was pushing the tower over, you know all the touristy pictures people take. Well, my phone got stollen and so most all of my pictures of that day and the day before were gone! The only pictures we still had were the ones we took on Jeremy's phone. Those were mostly with the selfie stick. And we only had ONE picture of the Leaning Tower of Pisa :(
Just paying one of our tickets...I think this was a parking ticket??
Milan was one of our last stops. We only went to Milan to go to a soccer game. AC Milan played that Sunday. We bought tickets before we even left Utah. We planned our whole trip around the game. So we had to end up in Milan on a certain day. Well, we made it back to our hotel after some sight seeing. I was still depressed that my phone was stollen just a few hours before. So we decided to rest for a little bit since the game wasn't for a few hours. Jeremy said it was at 6:00 pm. So I took a little nap. Jeremy worked. I woke up a little while later to him asking me if I wanted the good news. I said "you found my phone!" He said "No, AC Milan won the game." I said "what are you talking about?" He said the game was actually at 2:00 pm and we missed it! So We paid for the soccer game, but never even went to it. Total bummer. Especially since that's what we were looking forward to the most. We even bought Cameron a jersey of the team. Oh-well, I decided it just made our story of Italy even more funny!
Awe, Venice. I love you! We had planned to visit Venice for two whole days, but because of the Soccer schedule we ended up only spending a day there. Our plan of spending an entire day there dwindled to getting two whole hours in Venice!! I am serious. By the time we took the train, missed a stop, a train was late, waited for the next train and finally made it we had two hours before we had to catch the train to get back to our hotel. It was like a 4 hour train ride and it was the last train so we couldn't miss it! Especially since we were flying home early in the morning. I made the most of my time in Venice. We didn't have time for a gondola ride but we did take the big taxi tour boat up and down the river. We got to see most of the cool buildings and ate some yummy food. Veince is unreal. The pictures are really what it looks like! The buildings are so colorful. The water is so blue.






No comments:
Post a Comment