This was not a fun day for Cameron. He had no idea what was going to happen to him today! The saddest thing is he was so happy...he was smiling, cooing, and laughing when the Dr. and nurse were checking him!

Even though he is still throwing up he gained 4 pounds! So he weighs 11 lbs 11 oz now (50%), he is 22 inches (20%) and his head is 39.5 cm (40%). So overall he is growing which is great news. I can't believe my little boy is getting so big.

needless to say his happy, carefree mood quickly changed when the nurse stuck him in the thighs with 3 shots :( He cried, and I wanted to cry. Luckily once I picked him up I was able to comfort him and he stopped crying.

Last time we were at the Dr. he peed on the table, this time he threw up on himself, me, and the carpet! I was holding him when they gave him some medicine (vacine stuff) and he gagged, dry heaved and then un-loaded several times. I'm pretty sure they hate it when we come...the whole room needs to be cleaned. I told him we would stop and get a treat since he was so brave, it was a traumatic experience for both of us. We got a cookie from Over The Top Gourmet Cookies. He picked a chocolate, chocolate chip, and andes mint cookie with mint icing. We had a Diet Coke to wash it down and life was good again! Cameron slept on the ride home and tried his hardest to tough out the pain. But he just didn't feel good and was fussy for several hours so I went and got him some Children's Tylenol drops. Hopefully he will be able to sleep tonight and feel better tomorrow.
He is too cute!! I hate their check-ups...but what a good mom you are to stop and get him a treat because he was so brave!!! :) Also, I am laughing so hard at Cameron flipping the bird at church! I can just see you snapping pictures during the sacrament! Funny! :) Thanks for inviting me to see your blog...it will be fun to watch Cameron grow up...and it happens soooo fast!!
ReplyDeleteI love the tylenol!
ReplyDeleteCameron looks pretty relaxed and chillin lounging on the scale. Our pediatrician likes to comment about how all of our kids have big heads. Keep the tylenol flowing.
ReplyDeleteI found that it helps to give Children's Mortrin to the baby about 30 minutes to an hour before the appt. to help with the pain of the shots. I hate the whole shots thing even though it's needed. I cried almost everytime Trey got shots. It gets better!
ReplyDeleteawhhh..sad. I went with my friend once to get her babies shots. She had to leave the room because she couldn't bare to watch. That menat I stayed. Talk about traumatic & I wasn't even the mom!
ReplyDelete