The day finally came, we blessed the little guy in my parent's ward. We waited until Jeremy's dad could come to town. So Cameron was 10 weeks old and we were worried that he might cry while everyone was holding him since he already has seperation anxiety from mommy. But he did great and kept quite the whole time daddy was blessing him. At least he didn't cry or throw up....until after the blessing, when Margo was feeding him. It got all over the pugh and Mallory (basically anything in a 1 mile radius will get soaked). Mallory wasn't sure if she should be mad at Cameron or what, so instead she wanted to "get away from Cameron because he spit on me" and sit on her dad's lap.


This was the first time Jeremy's dad has seen Cameron.

He looked so cute in his little outfit I got him. You can't really tell but it has a little bow tie and a button up vest. Cameron's Great Grandma Wilson made a blanket for him before she passed away and we used it for the special occasion.

Mr. "One eye" feeding Cameron. So, everything that could go wrong on Saturday went wrong. The morning started off with Jeremy waking up with a swollen, red, watering eye. He couldn't see and it itched and burned really bad, so I took him to the eye doctor (who knew eye doctors were on call?) He told him that he had a cold sore in his eye and that it was a good thing he came in because if it got worse it could get into his cornia and cause more problems. So he prescribed some eye drops and some pills for him to take. We came home and started to do our Saturday chores, when I began feeling sick. Around 5:00 I started throwing up (from both ends) and wanted to DIE!! I was so sick, I threw up every half hour until 6:00 am. I finally got 2 hours of sleep before we had to get up and get ready. All of my muscles, joints, and bones ached the next day and I still felt nauseated! Basically Jeremy and I made a great pair that day :)

My mom had planned to have everyone over for dinner at their house after the blessing. She arranged a cute center piece with pictures of him, binkis, toys, balloons, & a bowl of animal crackers. I was soooo mad that I didn't feel like eating anything that day because the food looked so good. Herb made his fried chicken which I always love. I ate saltine crackers and jello for dinner.
In spite of everything, it was a wonderful day. I am just soooooooooooo sorry both mom and dad had to feel so horrible. At least Cameron was good and he looked so cute in his blessing outfit. Jeremy gave him such a wonderful blessing and we are so proud of all of you. We just never know what it going to happen next. I thought all we were going to have to deal with was Me on a walker. Thanks to everyone who helped. I love our FAMILY!
ReplyDeleteWow - these pictures may be the best so far - haha. Just kidding -it was a great day and glad we could be there for it.
ReplyDeleteThis was such an awesome day! I hope that we can always look back and remember this day, even though neither of us were feeling good it was a memorable day, and I must say, a very spiritual experience to bless our first baby. We looked forward to this day for many months and now it is behind us. I Love You Cameron! Thanks for bringing so much love and excitement into our home!
ReplyDeleteI love his blessing outfit!! so cute. That totally stinks you were sick that day! :( Hope it was just a 24 hr. bug or something.
ReplyDelete