Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Out with the Old in with the New

Even though I am excited about MY new car, I am sad to know I will never see Bubba again! It was a traumatic day for me. I drove Bubba over to CarMax for the last time and Jeremy drove the new car. We (Jeremy) decided we would take what ever $ they offered us for the Jeep. Which was only $1,200....Bubba and I were very offended, but we accepted. I was pretty sad when I found out they had already driven the Jeep to the other lot, so I was unable to say "goodbye". Jeremy wasn't very compassionate or understanding on the drive home. He was wanting to celebrate and I was wanting to cry. I was very attached to Bubba, we had been together for 11 years!! Oh-well at least I didn't down grade to a mini van and I will always have my memories of Bubba and the good old days :)

Cameron doesn't like the new Lexus as well...it's too smooth of a ride for him! It takes him a lot longer to fall asleep without the assistance of a rough, bumpy ride! I find myself looking for pot holes or driving on the bumpy side of the road to help him. We will both get used to the new car...very soon I am sure!

5 comments:

  1. Here's an even sadder thing...., I bet Cameron is not sleeping in the car as well because he's getting older and that STINKS in the sense that they now will whine and cry in the car! Well.., not Maya..., But Mason sure did.., and let's be honest.., still does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIPPEE! That's what I'm talking about, out with the old, and in with the new! This was a definite upgrade and you look so hot driving it! Love you, MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't knock the mini-van until you try it. We LOVE our Odyssey and can't imagine life without it. I had to sell Alicia on becoming a mini-van family, but there has been no buyer's remorse--and I almost always have buyer's remorse. But your Lexus looks pretty posh also. I loved,loved,loved my Lexus until gas prices went up (it "required" premium gas in it) and it started having mechanical problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooooooh, love it! And I totally remember Bubba :)

    Also...you should totally visit Alaska! We only wore our coats on the boat. The rest of the time wasn't too bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg, you make me want to cry! How sillly to cry about a car:) Anyway, I love your new car, except it still is to high for me to get into it. After changing cars like your clothes over the many years, I was very proud of you for keeping Bubba for 11 yrs.

    ReplyDelete