I ran another relay race...this one started in Brian Head and ended in Zion (186 miles). It was a BLAST! I love running these relay races....I love running any race really. But these are just more exciting, exhausting, and challenging. You are "stuck" in a van with 5 other people for a few days....you eat what you bring with you and you sleep when/if you can while the other van on your team is running. We actually got to lay our sleeping bags on a patch of lawn and get a half hour of sleep this time!
Jyl finishing her run and passing off to me :)
Me on one of my LONG runs in 95 degrees. I had just ran 3 miles straight up the mountain...it was pretty cool because it was on a dirt trail that wound into the mountain and when I got to the top it was an awesome view. But by the time I was done climbing that hill I was ready for this nice streatch of flat.
Here are a few of the weirdos we saw. It's always interesting to see what lengths some people go to in the name of running. So glad I wasn't on the 'orange' team!!
Ok this WASN'T a costume (girl in red shirt)! And actually we are pretending to be taking a picture of me (notice my arm in the left bottom corner). So, I nicknamed this girl "bump it" because of her hair of course. I only learned of these bump it hairdos thanks to my sister-in-law. The funniest thing is this is how she seriously wore her hair. That is an atrocious hair-do in the first place, but to wear your hair like that RUNNING is wrong on so many levels :) Too bad the picture doesn't even do it justice...we should have zoomed in!
Glad to see your pictures of the run. Looks like so much fun. Looks like a great group of people and I am very proud of you and your desire to do that!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got to get away for a few days and do something that you really enjoy. Sounds like you had fun. I'm proud of you for being able to keep running through numerous physical difficulties. Cam is also proud of you and wants to know when he can go running with you! Can you keep up with him?
ReplyDeleteFUN! I wish I lived closer to you so you could invite me to come run with you :) And the bump it, so hilarious, Ben and I make fun of it all the time, you have to see the infomercials for it.
ReplyDeleteSweet! I have a lot of respect for you wanting to run with no sleep/food/cool weather. You are tough, mama! I love it when there are weirdos around, it makes it much more interesting. Go Poof lady!
ReplyDelete