Tuesday, May 24, 2011

St. George

May is a hectic, crazy month for us....there is Mother's Day, my birthday, Cameron's birthday, Jeremy's birthday, and Memorial Day!! All of this usually brings family/visitors, lots of planning and cleaning and not a lot of relaxing. So this year I decided to plan a little get away for my bday weekend :) My friend was kind enough to offer their house in St. George for us to use since they weren't using it that weekend. We left Thursday around 3 pm and came back Sunday night. We drove through rain which turned into hail and then snow, I have decided that we have not been on one road trip that hasn't been bad weather no matter what time of year it has been! Anyway, it was warm weather in St. George. We shopped at the outlets on my birthday and I bought stuff for Cameron and baby MacKenzie, Jeremy bought himself clothes, but somehow I didn't buy anything for ME??!! We ate at a yummy Italian bistro/bakery for lunch. Then got a delicious carmel apple at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, played at a park, took a nap and then went to Outback for dinner. After Cameron went to bed Jeremy and I watched a movie. It was a great day! We enjoyed the swimming pool one day (well, Cameron wasn't too excited about it after Jeremy dunked him under the water, he decided he didn't want to ever get back in so we only stayed at the pool about 30 minutes), we went to the farmer's market at Tuachan on Saturday. On the way down there we figured we would introduce Cameron to the DVD player since it was a 4-5 hour drive. I took a few cute pictures of him watching his movies and of course you have to have popcorn to go with the movie!!
This was at one of the parks we went to, he loved all the animals at this park. I forgot my camera in the car so Jeremy took this with his phone. I didn't take many pictures on this trip, I think we were too busy to think about it :)

He was a great little traveler, he took a nap on the way down and the way back both about 1 1/2 hours! He was so excited to go on a trip and had fun watching me pack and help pick out toys etc. Jeremy got home from work early and we loaded up the car and told him we were going to go on our trip to St. George. He kept saying "trip to George". We stopped at Aunt Michele's house first to drop off something and Michele gave Cameron some stickers and cookies and told him to have fun on his trip. So we left her house and I realized I forgot my Ipod, we headed back to our house and as we pulled in the garage Cameron got all sad and with a quivering voice said "TRIP, TRIP to George, NO, TIRP!'" Poor little guy thought we changed our minds and weren't going to go on the trip....or he thought the drive over to Michele's was our trip? LOL Randomly throughout the drive down there he would just say "trip, trip to George". He started calling the house we stayed at the "trip house" so every time we would go somewhere and come back to the house, he had to announce it was the "trip house" and we were in "George". He had a blast on our trip and is such a good little trooper! I had a great bday, but can't believe I am 34!! Sheesh I am getting OLD.....

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you guys are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete