We went to Mackenzie's one year well check the other day. She is growing and on the charts! She is 29 in long (41%), weighs 18 lbs 2 oz (7%) and her head circumference is 45.3 cm (52%). She was so brave...they pricked her finger to squeeze out some blood for two different tests. She didn't even make a noise or act bothered. Then they did 3 shots in her leg....she didn't like that and cried for about 20 seconds. She was mad! She got over it quickly and was walking around. She picked a bouncy ball from the prize drawer. Cameron was so cute when we were there. He was worried for her and when she got the shots he had such a look of concern on his face, then she started crying and he hid under the table. On the ride home I asked him why he hid under the table and how it made him feel to see Kenzie get shots. He said, "I didn't like it, I felt sad." Such a good, protective brother already! The Dr. seemed to think Mackenzie's head was looking good and healing well. She said we don't need to go for another CT scan that the blood should be reabsorbed and the fracture will heal in time.
We have a pet rabbit that likes our yard. We aren't sure where it came from but the kids like it. Tica chases it, but luckily she can't catch it. I gave Cameron some carrots to feed the bunny. Mackenzie wanted one, but the bunny wasn't that interested in them. So I took out some lettuce and the bunny seemed to like that. Mackenzie took her carrot and went over and sat by the bunny. She seems to love animals and gets so excited when she sees fish (the Dr. office has an aquarium) any other animals (likes to see them at the zoo and the aquarium). She laughs at Tica and claps when she sees her. Mackenzie LOVES to be outside. She gets so mad if I open the door to let Tica out and we don't go outside. She likes to go on bike rides and now she sits on Cameron's old bike and I push her. It's so cute how she holds on and just smiles. We went for a long ride around the neighborhood today. I couldn't believe she just sat on there the whole time. If we stopped for any reason she cried. It will be fun to see what her personality is going to be....she can be strong willed and knows what she wants when it comes to certain things. But she is also very chill and just goes with the flow. She likes to play with her toys and play with Cameron. When he takes toys from her she just gets a different toy. It's hard to believe she only joined our family a year ago!
don't know where I have been .... I didn't know you had a wild bunny coming into your yard. How fun for the kids! So glad kenzie had a good check up for her 1st year. She is really going to take off now....good luck:)
ReplyDelete