Cameron's teacher does testing once a month individually with each child. On these testing days she asks for at least 2 parents to volunteer and help with an art project. I was looking forward to volunteering and hanging out with Cameron at school. (side note: I ended up being a little late because my car wouldn't start. Luckily Michele was coming over to watch Kenzie and, after 15 minutes of looking for the button to pop the hood of her car, we successfully jumped my battery.)
I think this little girl likes Cameron. I watched her follow him around from activity to activity (Cameron doesn't stay playing one thing very long). He was playing with these dinosaurs and she came over to play with him. He really didn't want her to play with the dinosaurs, but decided it was okay.
The project I decided to do with the kids was a little messy, but the kids had fun! We put big shirts on them so they wouldn't get paint all over their clothes. So we traced their hands and then cut it out to make the trunk and tree. Then I cut out some grass and glued it over the trunk. Next the kids got to paint leafs on the tree.
Cameron was excited and had fun....
so proud of his picture. It's hanging on our fridge :)
It was interesting to watch each child paint and to see all the different masterpieces. There were a lot of children, we did them in groups and I was tired after it was over. But I had fun and can't wait to go back and help!!
What a great idea! And Cameron IS the cutest kid in the class, I'm sure every girl wants to follow him around! :-)
ReplyDeleteI forgot to tell you how much I loved Camerons picture you have on the fridge. His is so perfect!
ReplyDeleteAnd good luck to you if Cameron has that special something YOU had in pre-school....which I know he has:)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad we were able to find out how to pop the hood. SHEESH.I can't believe how stupid that was!!!!
ReplyDelete