Even if I didn't get a good picture of all of us on Mother's Day it was a good day! Cameron sang with the Primary up on stage for the first time (which made me tear up). Grammy and Grampy came to church to listen to him. It was nice to have them there! We spent the day playing at the park, going on a bike ride, and Cameron and I flew his kite. Jeremy and I went out the night before to Carrabbas and a movie to celebrate. Excellent dinner, as always, not so excellent movie!!! I think I fell asleep for a little bit of it, but these days I can fall asleep doing anything....I get up so early and go to bed so late. Being a mom is a tough job but I wouldn't want to do anything else! I love my kiddos. I sure appreciate my mom and knowing what I know now, about how much work it is, I appreciate her even more. I have some wonderful memories of my mother and the things she did for me and making traditions for our family. I hope when my kids grow up they will be able to say the same about me! I have embraced the saying "excuse the mess, my children are making memories" and it is more important to me to play with my kids and to be present with them than to have a clean house. Happy Mother's Day to me :)
Thank you for your sweet thoughts, Meg. You are a much better mother than I because of that wonderful saying, "excuse the mess, my children are making memories" We were so happy we could get out there to see Cameron sing...and see how cute Mackenzie looked. Keep making memories...that is what life is all about, family, friends, and memories!
ReplyDelete