Thursday, October 23, 2014

Field Trip

It had been at least 25 years since I had been on a school bus!  I volunteered to go with Cameron's class to Wheeler Farm.  Cameron was so excited to ride a school bus for his first time.  It was quite the adventure :)



 I tried discreetly to get a picture of out super nice tour guide guy...I couldn't stop laughing at Cameron's comment: "mom that guy dressed up like a beaver for us today, he is wearing a beaver hat (it did have a tail in the back) and he even put in beaver teeth!"  I seriously can't stop laughing even right now, just remembering how he said it.  It was so cute, he didn't understand that this guy really just had the one or two teeth!  

 The tractor/wagon ride was fun for the kids.  It took us on a tour all over the farm.



The kids learned about milking cows and all sorts of farm life stuff.  The got to see a welder and he showed them how to weld metal and how to make tools and chains.  Cameron walked away telling me he wanted to be a welder when he grew up too.  It was a great day at Wheeler Farm, not only because I was there with Cameron, but because it brought back memories of going there on a field trip when I was in preschool (with my mom)!!  

1 comment:

  1. Darling pictures. So glad you got to go with Cameron on that field trip. When you went with me and I was a pre--school teacher....You were only 2 1/2 ... little did I know at the time you would someday be going with your children. That is so funny what Cameron said about your guide! FUNNY BOY :-)

    ReplyDelete