Monday, June 27, 2016

Welcome to our family Cade - 06/27/2016


 9 LONG months and the day is finally here!  This was the longest pregnancy of them all.  I think because I found out the sex at 8 weeks instead of the normal 20 weeks it threw me off into thinking I was further along the whole time! Since I was considered "high risk" for a lot of pregnancy complications, due to my age (38, turned 39 a month before he was born) they did some extra blood work/screens during the pregnancy.  At the 8 week mark one of the blood tests they said they could tell me the sex that early if I wanted to know, so I decided why not!

 Dr. Later (Bob) is the best...I love him and his staff.  Even though we moved and the hospital wasn't close to our house, I wouldn't change doctors!  He was worth the drive...best doctor ever!

Welcome Cade Allan Cunningham 7 lbs 9 oz  born at 12:47 pm 5/27/2016


Jeremy filmed the c-section this time around.  I still haven't watched it, and never will...no thanks!   Such a perfect baby!  When they lifted him over the curtain to show him to me, I said "he looks just like Cameron!"

 I will say this was the best delivery out of them all...I made sure to talk to the anesthesiologist before hand and tell him to give me the least amount of numbing stuff and to NOT give me the medicine they usually give me.  I had no idea what it was, but I was telling him I hated that I couldn't remember anything about the delivery or hours after it...and then he said "oh it's because of the "forgetful medicine" we give you..."  So anyway, without that and with more communication during the surgery it was the best one to end on!

 Grammy couldn't wait to get her hands on little Cade!


Grammy and Grampy took the kids to the store to get balloons and a few things to bring to me.  Mackenzie wanted to get me some flowers, she picked out some fake ones and a vase.  They were perfect because they didn't need water, didn't die, and I was able to take them home and still have them!!!



Michele and Spencer came down from Park City and came with them.  The kids were so excited to meet their new brother.  They were also excited to get the cookies and slushies from the break room (Cameron remembered it from when he would come to the hospital to visit when I had Mackenzie).













Then later Janessa, Aunt Margo, Lindsie, Mallory, and Troy came to visit and meet the last cousin!

 Aunt Margo got her wish...she loves changing poo diapers :)



 Daddy even got a turn to hold Cade...lol 

 Then Aunt Margo took Cameron and Kenzie to her house to sleep over for the night.  They couldn't handle all the excitement...kenzie was looking forward to Cade being born mostly so she could have all these sleep overs!



 Back the next day....





 Grammy and Grampy at the hospital with their last grandchild...


 Cameron sporting the red slushee lips!  

 Grampy holding Cade Allan, named after him :)

 They loved taking Cade for a walk around the halls

 Lunch on the outs...lol . I felt like I escaped from there just by walking outside to eat lunch!






I can't believe on day 2 how alert and strong his is.  He always lifted his head up and had his eyes open trying to see what was going on!



 One of my favorite pictures!  He is amazing and I was in love from day one!



Awe!  Nothing like a sister to love you and be another mother :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you found the time to post all these wonderful pictures of Cade! I had no idea you had so many darling pictures. Now a year has gone and we will soon be celebrating his 1st BD....I can't believe it!!!!! You are a GREAT MOTHER to keep this up. Love you all

    ReplyDelete