Thursday, July 9, 2009

I believe in miracles!

The last 6 weeks my day has consisted of feeding Cameron, holding him, changing his diaper and holding him...oh and did I mention holding him?? Good thing he is so dang cute or I would have a problem with this daily routine :) However, my life is starting to feel like the movie "Groundhogs day"! I would like to be able to fix and eat lunch without holding him, do my hair and makeup without holding him or just be able to lay him down and give my back a rest. Ever since we've had to hold him for a half hour after he eats he has gotten in the habit of falling asleep in our arms...so when you lay him down he wakes right up.
Several people have asked me if we have tried a swing. We decided not to buy a swing because they were so expensive and figured the bouncer/vibrater/music thing would be all he needed. Well, little did we know that the swing really might be the secret. When we were at Dan and Linda's house for the 4th of July crab fest we put Cameron in Maya's swing to test it out. We thought we would see if he liked it before we made the splurge. He actually liked it!! He layed by himself for about 20 minutes and then the next time we put him in it he fell asleep. That sealed the deal...we went the next day to purchase a swing.
Let's just say this fairy tale didn't have a happy ending (right at first) but I think with some time it will. I guess it must have been the "newness" of the swing that night because the first, second, third and fourth time we put him in it he cried. However, today he actually enjoyed it and was in it for 10 minutes before he fell asleep. Baby steps....


5 comments:

  1. you got cameron a spaceship! good job. did you notice it is the exact same one that you and your mom made fun of at my house?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very familiar! That is exactly how Lindsie was. The Baby Bjorn became my best friend. Do you ever try that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you finally listened to us. LOL
    Hope it is working better. Even if it is for 10 minutes. That's enough for you to make lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swings are a MUST-have for infants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so glad you got one! Maya missed her swing for the 2 weeks we were in Mexico!

    ReplyDelete