Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ski (or snowboard) Utah!!

Jeremy and I had a GREAT day skiing and snowboarding. Although we weren't sure we would make it to Snowbird after we dropped Cameron off at my parents at 8:45 am, grabbed some bagels for breakfast and headed up the mountain. We hadn't even hit the base of the mountain yet and the traffic was horrible! It took us 2 hrs to get up the mountain. By the time we parked and got in line for our first run it was around 11:15. Then it took us about 1 1/2 hours to get through the line and down the hill for one run!! You can see how packed the lines are in this picture below (in the middle/bottom of the pic).

We knew it would be crowded because it was a Saturday and there was some pretty AWESOME snow. You can see how much powder there was in some places, you can't even see my board and the snow went to my waist in some spots! We figured we wouldn't get more than 3 runs in all day if we were lucky. But the lines died down after the back side of the mountain opened up. They closed a certain part of the resort to do avalanche control. So once they opened it up it opened up some other runs. We actually got in pleanty of runs to wear ourselves out and make ourselves sore!

The trees looked so pretty with all the snow on them. It was a cold day with it snowing, some wind and no sun, but we kept warm.

Jeremy thought this was the funniest sign, he had to stop and take a picture. There is a cat trail that runs in the middle of this hill, so the people that are skiing E/W have to watch for the ones coming down the hill. We had a great day and can't wait to hit the slopes again this winter (hopefully)!

3 comments:

  1. Can't believe how much fun that must be! I get to in my next life, or I should say in my life after this one:) Nothing like Utah snow. The greatest snow on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't even tell why I thought this sign was so funny. I told Meg that I've never met an uphill skier, only downhill and cross-country. I don't think it would be very fun to ski uphill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha -- I always laugh at that sign too. I've never seen an uphill skier. Maybe I'll strap a motor to my back and try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete