Monday, November 22, 2010

Bye Bye Cast

We went back to Primary Children's today for Camerons appointment to get more x-rays and see if his broken leg is better. The x-rays showed that the break is not completely healed, but new bone has grown around it and the Dr. said that it will continue to heal. She said the cast could come off!!! They wanted to put a walking boot on, but didn't have one small enough for his foot. So she said that he might not want to put a lot of weight on it at first and it could take a few days before he started walking again....obviously she doesn't know Cameron!

She took out this circular saw and said "now this makes a loud noise....most kids cry, so sit him on your lap and hold him still." Cameron really isn't afraid of noises or much of anything actually, but I didn't know how he wouldl react. He just sat there staring at her cut the cast in half. Of course the Dr. was shocked and said she hasn't cut off a cast that a kid didn't cry or at least act scared.



Cameron pointing to his foot without a cast. We put on his other shoe and left there....hopefully to never return again (but I kinda think that might be wishful thinking with this kid!)


He took off so fast from the elevator I had to turn off the camera so I could chase him! Then I started filming again...he ran to another waiting area where the wall was all painted.


2 comments:

  1. Way to go Cameron! We are so glad that big old cast is OFF!!!! You are walking so good for just getting it off....even RUNNING. Can't wait to see what you are going to be when you grow up. SOMETHING GREAT. We love you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow I can't believe he just took off like that. You would think he would be afraid to walk with out the cast. LOL
    Michele

    ReplyDelete