Sunday, January 30, 2011

Updates

I just wanted to post some things Cameron has been doing the last few months. I've been meaning to post his 19 & 20 month updates. Anyway, he always has loved to give five to everyone and the last few months he learned to give "knuckles". He even says knuckles in his cute little voice and gets his fist up. Cameron says all the animal sounds, when you ask him what they say. Cameron knows most of his colors. He knows blue, red, yellow, orange (sounds like nose), green, and purple. Apparently this is advanced according to my friend who was shocked when we were at lunch and Cameron pulled out the crayons from his kid meal and started saying the colors. She said her kids were never interested in the color of anything until they were at least 3. I am just glad to know Cameron didn't inherit the "color blindness gene" that most of Jeremy's family has :) He folds his arms, bows his head and closes his eyes when we say prayers....he keeps his head down but sometimes if we are blessing the food he sneaks some off of his plate before we are done. I don't know how I would know that, I keep my eyes closed the entire prayer :) He loves to sing "popcorn popping on the apricot tree" it's way cute. And he loves to eat popcorn, he asks for it all day long. Cameron loves to play hide and seek, build things with his blocks and then knock them over, color, play with Tica our dog and "pull" her toys...he learned to say Tica a few weeks ago. He knows his name and calls himself "Mon". He gives the best hugs and kisses and even says "love you". He is soooo good to clean up and does it most of the time without me even asking. If something spills he says "oh no made mess" and then picks it up. He is still fascinated with the vacuum and loves to vacuum with his little one when we are vaduuming. He continues to crack me up everyday and amazes me at what he knows. Cameron knows what Mickey Mouse show it is going to be 30 seconds into it and will start telling me what is coming up. Nights are great, he loves his bath and story time and goes to sleep with NO trouble. Sometimes is sits in his crib talking to himself if he isn't tired, but then falls asleep. He sleep through the night and wakes up bright and early ready to start a new day. I can't complain about his lack of naps since he is such a good kid and sleeps through the night. I won't say it doesn't make me jealous to hear all my friends' kids take two naps a day that are 2-3 hours long!!! I dream of the things I could do during that time, but then again I wouldn't trade it for the memories I am making, the smiles and laughs I get, and being his best friend in the world. One day when he grows up I will wish all he wanted to do was play and spend time with me! Cameron loves suckers, stickers, and bubbles....these things make for good bribes for me :) He also has fun playing in Chick fila play area and shopping with mommy. Cameron really is an easy going kid! I love you little man. Your enthusiasm and excitement with everything is contageious!

2 comments:

  1. I always seem to be the first one to post a comment, but I can't help myself. Everything you said is so true. He is a darling little boy and you can't help but love him to pieces! I am glad you have written these things down so you will always remember this blessed first son and the things he is learning. We loveyou Cam!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww,you are such a good mom - I see it when I'm with you and when you write about Cameron it shows how very lucky he is, and how lucky I am that you are his mom!

    ReplyDelete