Sunday, May 15, 2011

Humor

I believe that you have to find the humor of everything in life....sometimes I find it after the fact and sometimes I find it in the middle of the situation. For instance last night was one of those totally frustrating, but pretty humorous times. It's no secret that Jeremy has a "snoring issue" which causes me nights of interrupted sleep or sometimes hours of laying there practicing my anger management skills :) So, he finally followed through with the doctor's recommendation of getting a sleep test done. I was actually looking forward to this, not only in hopes of finding a solution to his snoring but mostly to get ONE good night's sleep!! I even joked about it and he knew I was excited. My parents came over Friday night to tend Cameron while we went out. (side note: All that day a very shrill beeping sound would go off every 10 minutes, I thought it was a dead battery in the smoke detector but Jeremy didn't have time to look at it until we got home that night. After going to the store and buying a new battery to put in it, that still didn't work, so he called the alarm company and they said it was the carbon monoxide detector that was going bad and it was hooked up to the alarm. So he told him how to "hush" it so we could go to sleep that night and said we would need to get a new one.) Cameron had thrown up Friday night while my parents were tending him, but slept good the whole night and didn't throw up all day Saturday. We thought it might have been the 24 hr bug since he did have a few blow outs in his diaper! So Saturday night Jeremy leaves for his sleep test, I get Cameron in bed and am looking forward to my peaceful, restful nights sleep. A few hours after Cameron is asleep I get in bed and right as I fall asleep he starts crying. When I went in there he was throwing up....a few times. I get him out of bed and as I am taking him to the bathroom he throws up all over me (in my hair, down my shirt etc). So I change his pj's wash him off, change my clothes, take his sheets, blanket and bear throw it in the wash and try to get him back to sleep. He tried so hard to go to sleep but kept crying every 20 minutes I had to go back in there. I waited up for the sheets and stuff to dry, which was good because the next time he cried and I went in there he had thrown up and had a complete diaper blow out. So we did the same routine as above. by now its 4 am. and I haven't had any sleep, but I get Cameron back to sleep. Just as the carbon monoxide detector starts making that shrill beeping sound every 10 minutes!! At that point I started laughing out loud and pictured Jeremy sleeping peacefully while all this was going on, seriously what were the chances!!

3 comments:

  1. Great Story, Meg. Somehow I can relate to it if I think back far enough in time when the three of you were little. But, what a horrible time for poor little Cameron to be sick and poor you looking forward to a good nights sleep. Once a mother, I am afraid that good night sleep thing is out the door:) Good luck with both your men in your life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awful. There is nothing like the barfies/explosive poop. Women are freaking amazing, that is all I know from being a parent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh, what bad luck! Crossing my fingers i dont have to deal with throw up for another year or two...or forever :)

    ReplyDelete