Friday, May 6, 2011

Tulip Festival

Every year at Thanksgiving Point they have the Tulip Festival. I have never gone, but knew that my mom LOVES flowers more than anything. So my sister's and I took her to lunch down there and then my mom, Cameron, and I walked around to see the "pretty flowers" as Cameron would say. Since we had never been before, we weren't sure exactly where to enter. So we entered into the Children's area, but the lady said we could easily get to the tulips from there (it was quite a walk though we found out), but the best part is the power was out so the credit card machine didn't work which meat we got in for free :) Plus we got to enjoy the fun kid stuff too. The only thing was since the power was out the water features weren't working on Noah's Ark. Cameron didn't know the difference and he had a blast climbing up to the animals anyway.


He wanted to give the rhino a kiss....


Then we started through the acres and acres of tulips, paths, ponds and bridges...

Cameron RAN the entire time. I really couldn't keep up with him. He would get SO excited pointing out all the flowers and telling us the colors of them all. He would point to them and say "more flowers, OH see more yellow ones...."

One of the times he stopped to let me take a quick picture, before he was off and running again!


So many flowers to see, so little time! Needless to say he fell asleep in the car before we even pulled out of the parking lot! He took a 2 hour nap that day too....sheesh maybe I should take him there everyday! I forgot to take a picture of the amazing water falls though! I think I was too busy eating the most delicious, hot out of the grease, mini doughnuts with cinnamon and sugar on them to worry about pictures! There were a few little food carts and boutique tents set up right around the waterfalls....it was so pretty!
This video shows how much energy he had, it was the end of the day and we had been there about 1 1/2 hours already and he was running non-stop. He must have crossed this bridge 20 times. Notice him pointing excitedly at all the flowers, you can't here him but he is saying "more flowers" and naming the colors :)

2 comments:

  1. Cameron loves flowers as much as I do:) Thanks, Meg for helping me see all this beauty. It was fun watching Cameron exploring everywhere and being such a good boy. I just wish I could RUN like him. Glad he took such a good nap when he got home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....just read your "mounds don't" post...haha! Love another chica with a twisted sense of humor! OH ya....and yea for a girl!!

    ReplyDelete