For Mother's Day my parents planned to go to St. George for the weekend. So my sisters and I celebrated an early Mother's Day with a lunch at my house and gift giving :) Then a week later we all decided to crash my parents weekend and go to St. George too! It was a GREAT weekend of relaxation and laughter. I didn't get very many pictures, but we crammed a lot of stuff into 3 nights and 4 days. We went swimming, saw the movie Avengers, shopped the outlets and other stores, Ate my first hamburger in 20 years at Five Guys, got pedicures with my mom and sisters, went to breakfast Mother's Day morning while the men tended, went on a few mountain bike rides (glad we didn't get heat exhaustion in the 100 degree temps!). Overall it was just a fun, fun, time!!
Little Mackenzie in her swimming suit....the water was way too cold to take her in. They don't heat the pools there since the temps are so high. She enjoyed watching everyone.
Cameron had fun splashing in the water with his feet but preferred to throw the balls in the pool and then fish them out. He had fun just running around the pool. We had it all to ourselves.
We left a restaurant one night and they gave Cameron a balloon. Mackenzie was really mad she didn't get one and when we got to the car she was crying. I wasn't really sure why she was crying, but decided to go in and get her a balloon to distract her. I came back out and she immediately stopped crying and started smiling and laughing when I gave her the balloon. She had a death grip on it and wouldn't let go. She held onto it inside the house the rest of the night! She definitely takes after her name sake (Ora my grandma) she loved balloons too even up to her death always passing them out to her great grandchildren. We let balloons go at her grave on her birthday as a tradition to let her know we are thinking of her!
The drive home was a good one....they both slept most of the way home!
It was a great weekend and a great Mother's Day. I love being a mother and am so grateful for the opportunity I have to raise these two beautiful children.
What fun to re-live all that we have done in the month of May. Love all your pics. It has been a great month. Can't wait to see Cameron's BD pics. Don't know when you had time to do all these....must have been 1:00 A.M. :)
ReplyDelete