Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Surgery...

Mackenzie had tubes put in her ears Friday.  She was getting too many ear infections (3 or 4 in the past month) and had been on lots of antibiotics.  So, they suggested doing tubes.  I was nervous and hated the thought of them putting her out and cutting holes in her ear drums!  She couldn't have anything to eat after midnight Thursday night so Jeremy and I were worried that she would be screaming because the first thing we do is give her a bottle while we change her diaper!  I am guessing the blessing my dad and Jeremy gave her the night before helped because she just woke up on her own Friday morning at 5:30 (I thought I was going to have to wake her up and that would make her mad) and she was as happy as could be.


We got there at 6:30 and didn't get taken back until close to 8 of course, but we were done and out of there at 8:30!  She did great.  The Doctor said he drained a lot of fluid and puss out of her ears so it was a good thing we did the surgery.  He said she probably was hearing like we do if we have water in our ears and she should hear better now.  We have to go back in 2 weeks for a check and then every 3 months after that until they fall out I guess.


This was a picture of her zonked out the night before.  I had just given her a bath and then tried to feed her, but she was soooo tired she fell asleep in her high chair before she finished her food.  I was stressed because I knew she wouldn't get anything else to eat after the surgery!  I decided that was my own anxiety transferring onto her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment