Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A pirate family Halloween


On Halloween day (after I picked Cameron up from preschool) we went to daddy's work to trick or treat.


the kids had lots of fun decorating cookies.  Cameron put so many sprinkles on his that you couldn't even tell it was a cookie :)



We were the only family that came this year so there were lots of cookies to decorate and way too much candy to get.


I got Jeremy his costume and he just put it on at work around 2:30 when the party was supposed to start.  So, the kids hadn't seen Jeremy dressed up yet.  Mackenzie wasn't quite sure what to think about his hair.  I think she was a little scared at first.  But then she remembered grampy's wig and how he "put lotion on it to grow."


the kids had fun going around to everyone's' desks and saying trick or treat.  It was just the beginning because after we left his work we went home to eat dinner and then head out to trick or treat around the neighborhood.  It was great weather and they had fun.  Mackenzie had so much fun running from door to door, until she got scared from the decorations at one house.  The life size skeleton started talking and moving when we walked up to the door and she buried her little face into my neck, she refused to even take a candy at the door.  So.....I got to carry her the rest of the time.  Then we went back to the house and Jeremy took them out the second half.  He dropped Mackenzie off a little while later so I could give her a bath and get her to bed, while he took Cameron to another neighborhood where his primary teachers and other friends live.  We had lots of fun this month of October, but I am sure glad it's over!  I can say that they got a lot of good use out of their costumes....wore them out.

1 comment:

  1. You were a pirate family the whole month of October. I can't believe anyone could go to so many Halloween parties as you guys did. I wonder what Kenzie thinks now that it is all over? They were sure cute costumes.

    ReplyDelete