Thursday, September 24, 2009

4 month check up

Cameron went for his 4 month check up yesterday...wow 4 months already?! He weighs 14 lbs 4 oz (45%) height is 25 inches (50%) annd his head is 43.5 centimeters (75%). He has been doing so much better with eating and hasn't thrown up in 2 weeks. He spits up, but I can handle that...anything is cake compared to when he would hurl. I hope he has grown out of it and it doesn't sneak back ;)
As you can see, Cameron sits up on his own. He is such a strong baby and has been since day 1...lifting his head up and moving it all around. In the last 2 weeks he has become interested in toys and things that make noise. He has a few favorite toys that he will smile and laugh at when he sees them. He can hold onto things and of course tries to put everything in his mouth. Cameron is afraid of the dark...I found this out when I took him downstairs at my parents without turning on any lights and he started bawling. I thought that maybe he was crying because of something else, but the next time I went down there the same thing happened. Poor little guy!

We just put him in this saucer thing 2 days ago and he seems to enjoy it. Since he can sit up and has strong legs he is able to manuver around pretty well, but hasn't completely mastered it yet. It is new to him and that is what is important. He gets bored easily so he loves anything different and new. Cameron is very observant and looks around everywhere we go, he is constantly moving his head and eyes around to see what is going on. People in stores always comment to me "wow he is really observant".

Well, it seems that Cameron has been teething since he was 3 months old. He drools all the time and loves to suck/chew on his hand sometimes he even gets both hands in his mouth (that's pure talent). As you can see in this picture he also sucks on his bottom lip, I guess it must sooth him. He did great at his check up and of course was smiling and cooing with the doctor and nurse. He was just chattering away when she stabbed him in the left thigh and his eyes opened real wide and so did his mouth...then she stabbed the second shot in his leg and he cried! He is glad he doesn't have to go back for 2 more months.

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe he has already gone through his 4 month check up and another round of shots. I love the pictures of him in the saucer. I didn't think he would be able to use that for another month. So glad he is such a beautiful, strong little boy who has so many people who LOVE HIM :) Love Grammy J

    ReplyDelete