Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas!

Christmas Eve is always spent at my parents house. We all get together for a yummy dinner & desserts & of course laughing...


Cameron was so cute, he just joined in the circle with all of his cousins and played with them. I love that we live around family and that Cameron will grow up playing with his cousins. There is nothing better than family!!

After dinner we get to open a gift. I remember as a kid that was the most exciting part. Now it's fun to watch the kids get excited!




This was our first Christmas in our new house and it's Cameron's very first Christmas. Last year Jeremy & I were living with my parents & I was pregnant...now Cameron is 7 months old!


Grammy & Grampy never forget about Tica...here she is licking her chops after she opened a present from them that included many treats and toys! Good thing for them because I sure forgot about Tica this year...she is pretty low on the totem pole these days.

Cameron got the hang of opening his gifts right off the bat. He had more fun with the wrapping paper than the presents though :)


Daddy & Cam opening up a gift. Notice Jeremy's gift....a leaf blower that blows, sucks & mulches! Apparently he and my dad were watching an infomercial one day about these & he thought it was the greatest invention, all they had to say was "no more raking leaves" and Jeremy was sold.

After we opened our gifts from Santa Grammy J & Grampy came over for breakfast and to exchange gifts. Jeremy begged me to make the Christmas Danish wreath that my mom made every year when we were kids. I made the mistake of asking my mom to teach me how to make it last year when we were living with them & all it took was Jeremy tasting it last Christmas morning to get hooked! I had no idea how much time, sweat, & love my mom put into that breakfast wreath every year. Well, I put a lot of time, sweat, love & a few swear words into the Christmas wreath this year when I attempted to make it myself. It is a process I tell ya...there are at least 15 steps and 5 different times you have to put it in the fridge for 1 hour or 1/2 hour or 3 hours before you can move onto the next step. What have I gotten myself into???!! All I can say is thanks mom for always making Christmas so special & for keeping up traditions!


Nobody knows how to make Cameron smile & laugh like Grampy does!! Cameron LOVES Grampy & they have some special bond that is just there. Cameron was laughing soooo hard with Grampy & him shaking the bells. I got it on video too! This kid loves to laugh and his laugh is contagious. I tried ringing the bells the next day and apparently I can't ring them like Grampy because I only got a courtesy smile :)

Cam loved playing with his new barn Grammy J & Grampy gave him. He still enjoys the door jumper too (that was an early Christmas gift). The barn kept him entertained for a long time! We went to Michele's house for Christmas lunch and then to Margo's for Dinner....it was a great Christmas!


Grammy T flew in Christmas night at midnight, so we had Christmas with her the next day.



She spoiled Cameron (as usual) and he had fun with all the cool toys she brought him!



He was super excited with his train she gave him. He will get a lot of good out of this...it's a "sit to stand train" so you can push him around on it and then unhook the seat part and he can use it to push and help him to walk. Plus it has tons of blocks & buttons & music.





A cute picture of Cameron in his pajamas after his bath. He is always in such a good mood & happy! It's hard to get used to him without his helmet on because he wears it at least 23 hours a day & he is sooo cute with it on!


Grammy T took this picture while he was eating his peaches. He still doesn't like eating anything besides his bottle. We've moved onto cereal and he isn't really interested in that either, he totally gags and spits it up.


Just one of the cute outfits Grammy T bought him....he is fun to shop for!!



One day we all went to the Chipmunk movie & they had the Chipmunk statues by the theater so we couldn't resist taking a picture. Cameron & his cousin Emma....



Jeremy's brother Garry (Jr.), his wife Alicia and thier kids Emma, Macey, & Molly just moved to Utah from Maryland a few days before Christmas. So it was fun to have them around. Especially since Jeremy's mom came to town...she got to be with all of us!



The last day Grammy T was here we met up with Alicia & her girls at Classic Skating. I thought it would be a fun place to let Grammy T spend time with her grandkids and watch the girls get their energy out in the bounce zone! Cameron just enjoyed watching all the kids running around. He is a people watcher for sure!! I know Grammy T was sad to leave & we were sad to see her go, but secretly she was happy she was leaving that day because it was snowing & she was missing the Florida sun! Good thing she didn't stick around another day because the big storm hit the next day and we got lots of snow!!



4 comments:

  1. Darling pictures of Cameron's 1st Christmas. He really acted like he knew what was going on:) Next year he will for sure! Glad you took on the challenge of the Christmas Ring, but I hate to tell you, it doesn't get easier as the years go on. It is worth it however:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to need to hear more about this delicious Christmas wreath! Glad you had a nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the warning -- I'll never start the wreath tradition. I don't have the patience! LOL. But, it sure was tasty growing up and I'm glad mom did it for us. Cameron is changing so fast and getting so big. When can I babysit again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures - and I did hate to leave the family, but I was glad to get back to the Florida sun, although we are having an abnormally cold spell and it only got up to 59 today - burrr! I think Cameron wants to come to Florida and go to the beach when you get those snowstorms! It was a very nice holiday for me getting to see everyone, and I can't wait for it to warm up so I can come back!

    ReplyDelete