Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Arizona Trip

When we scheduled this trip to Arizona we didn't want to go when it would be too hot in the middle of summer so we figured the end of April would be perfect. We left Wednesday night late so Cameron could sleep and figured we would drive through to Arizona. Well this is the wonderful spring weather we drove in! It took about 6 hours to make it to St. George...we couldn't see much of anything most of the drive! We decided to get a hotel there and try again in the morning.

Once we checked into the hotel and got our luggage in and settled. Cameron was WIDE awake and ready for some fun. One little monkey jumped on the bed and jumped and jumped and laughed at 1 am....until momma talked to daddy and daddy said "NO more monkeys jumping on the bed"!!


We woke up Thursday morning and ate breakfast in the hotel. Then headed out for Arizona. Jeremy suggested stopping to tour Hoover Dam. I wasn't quite sure #1 what Hoover Dam was, #2 what was so interesting about a Dam, and #3 who gives a Dam? (LOL). Jeremy told me to quit being the Margo of the trip (inside family joke) so we sat in Dam traffic and finally found a parking spot (which we had to pay for!) then we walked around and took our own tour because we weren't going to pay $30 to have someone walk us around. I have to admit it was interesting, but I probabaly wouldn't have stopped if we didn't have Cameron who needed a break from sitting in the car.


Mommy and Cam at the Dam

Daddy and Cam at the Dam Bridge



Who knew?? I never knew cactus could actually be pretty! I had to take this picture because I've never seen a blooming cactus with flowers.


I had to take a picture of Cameron Trading Post....we didn't stop, I'm not into Indian Jewelery!



We ate at The Notorious P.I.G. one night. Mostly because the name made me laugh, but it actually was pretty good BBQ.



We went to the Phoenix Zoo on Friday. I think Cameron was a little too young to understand he had to look to find the animals sometimes. He loved the ones that were close enough to see.


These monkey's (I think they are called Madrils) are so funny looking...



Cameron loved to watch these monkeys climb and jump from tree to tree. He laughed at them.


Daddy and Cam by the giraffes


This Baboon didn't want me taking a picture of his funny looking butt...


We didn't realize how big Rhinos are!!

Cam and Daddy with an Elephant behind them....look closely

This was the end result...Cam fell asleep while walking through the zoo. All the excitement wore him out!


It was Cameron's first time in a swimming pool. We only went twice and stayed about 1 hr or less....the weather was a little too cold because it was windy and the water wasn't really heated. But he had fun for his first experience.





We were right by the kiddie pool which was nice because it was shallow enough for him to walk around in. He was hesitant though and very cautious...he didn't just explore and run or laugh like we thought he would.



We left Arizona Sunday morning and headed to St. George. We planned to stop at one of Jeremy's college friend's house for dinner and to visit then get a hotel for the night. Well, after stopping to get gas a few hours into the trip...Jeremy's "trusty" GPS got us lost. We were lost for about a half hour and ended up on this windy road in a canyon. I said if we were going to get lost this was the best scenic route to get lost on! I enjoyed the beautiful view (this picture doesn't really do justice).

We finally made it to Jeremy's friends house. Cameron had fun playing in the sandpile and with their kids while we ate dinner. He loves to push things and this dump truck was perfect. We left their house around 8:30 pm and decided to drive home instead of get another hotel. Plus Cameron fell asleep the second we put him in the car and we didn't want to wake him up. The drive home was much better, we didn't drive through any major snow storms. Over all it was a fun trip. It felt like we were in the car more than anything though!!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the fun pictures of your trip. I feel like we went along:) Love the pictures of Cameron in the pool. He probably thought it sure was a big bath tub!!!!! We missed all of you. Glad you got through that horrible snow storm ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun. Did you get quest when the gps got you lost? hee hee hee
    ok bye
    sissy

    ReplyDelete