Monday, May 31, 2010

Our little Monkey turns ONE!!

I can't believe it!! I don't know how that year went by so fast, and yet so slow! My little baby isn't a baby anymore. His birthday started off with a haircut at Cookie Cutters (he got a balloon), then lunch at Cafe Rio where his BFF Quinn gave him a cute animal puzzle, and then dinner with mommy and daddy at Red Robin (he got another balloon). I didn't get a picture, but Cameron got to try ice cream for the first time. We got a piece of their mud pie. He liked the whipped cream the best...probabaly because it wasn't as cold.



Then we had a family party for him....Great Maw Maw and Great Paw Paw came....Garry, Alicia and thier kids Emma, Macey and Molly joined the festivities.


Margo and her kids Lindsie, Troy and Mallory along with Grammy J and Grampy


Cameron and his favorite person....Grampy! Cameron absolutely loves Grampy and wouldn't let him out of his sight. In fact Grampy pretty much had to hold him the whole night.


Mommy and Daddy with a big one year old Monkey!


The spread....

I did a monkey theme for the party since I call Cameron "my little monkey" and because he LOVES monkeys. I ordered this cute blow up monkey, monkey balloons, and monkey plates.


Just a picture of the mountains from our back yard and to show the snow STILL on them. We have had a crazy winter this year....it snowed a ton just a week ago. Luckily the weather was nice today and perfect for outdoor fun! This picture is for you Grammy T...I know you are always trying to get a good picture of the mountains when you are here and it seems like you never can since it is either snowing or raining!


We blew up the big bouncer and Cam wasn't quite sure what to do with it...



Cousin Macey helped coax him inside with his favorite fishy toy....


Everyone having fun on the play set and in the bouncer




Lindsie, Cam and Troy


So this picture is of the MESS in my kitchen as I made the birthday cakes! Luckily I had help from two friends because if it took us 3 hours, who knows how long it would have taken me by myself! They are pros at this cake making, decorating thing. All I knew is I wanted a monkey cake and had an idea of what I wanted it to look like. They came with all their decorating tools and icing recipies and we opened a bakery.



Not to bad ehh? I thought they turned out pretty darn cute! I made a mini monkey cake for Cameron to dig into and a big one for the rest of us.


I'm not really sure what I was expecting....I know Cameron is super pickey with food and with the feel of foods when he touches them. So I knew he would be cautious and slow to warm up to Mr. Monkey. However, I thought he would have at least stuck his hand into it and maybe tried to eat it?? He got so excited when he saw the cake after I made it....I couldn't keep him from trying to grab it then!!


Since he hates to be confined and doesn't last long in his highchair, we thought maybe he would enjoy it more if daddy held him. Daddy "gently forced" some frosting into his mouth which really ended up smeared on his face since he refused to open his mouth.

Then we decided to take the cake out on the lawn away from all the spectators thinking maybe he was being cake shy....nope that didn't help....he just wasn't interested in the cake. I have to admit I was a little, ok maybe a lot disappointed but I like to always look at the positive side of things and what I came up with is "hey, more cake for me!!"


Next it was present time. Here is the loot....he made out pretty good! The wagon and presents inside the wagon were from Grammy T. We got them when she was in town. Cameron loves the wagon at Aunt Margos and at Grammy J & Grampy's house so I figured he would enjoy one of his own.




Cameron had lots of help from his cousins opening his gifts.

Of course he Loved the Mickey Mouse car that Grammy J & Grampy gave him. It was the first thing he opened and after that he wasn't interested in much else for a long time! This will keep him busy with all the music and blinking lights, plus he loves to push things!! A perfect gift for him! Of course he didn't care about the new car seat we got him, but he will once he gets in it. He gets to face forward now! He also got some great sand pile toys, a fun bean bag game, and a punching penguin thing from his cousins....andother small stuff from us...


Great Maw Maw, Lindsie, Margo and Grammy J


Opening gifts.....


Mallory was excited about the clothes she and Emma opened for Cameron. Grammy T always picks out such CUTE clothes for Cam. Cameron had a fun time at his party, but I think he was a little overwhelmed with all the festivities and people. It's a lot to take in for a one year old! After his bath he was ready for bed and should sleep good tonight!

5 comments:

  1. Look at the last few pictures of mom and I on the couch... we are sitting exactly in the same positions. Funny, like mother-like daughter. That was such a fun party. We are so glad we could be there to celebrate. After having you guys in NC for a while, it makes us appreciate being able to be together for special occasions. I love how Cam follows grampy around, that it so cute. Thanks for such a fun party. THe kids had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Meg! I was busy playing Super Mario Bros. last night while Meg was busy posting this blog. I figured it was a good way to keep her company, lol. This sure was an exciting day for our family. Alot of work that Meg put in to make this all happen, but I think that it was a huge success. Good job Meg! We are going to have to be creative to make next year's birthday even more fun for Cameron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved every bit of it. All your work paid off, even if Cameron didn't dig into the cake. I think he thought it was too cute to ruin:) You and Jeremy sure make a great team...let's have more parties. We love you all. Happy Birthday Cameron, can't wait to see what mommie comes up with for your 2nd birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute party Meg!!! Love the monkey idea!!!! Your such a cute mom!!!! Hope your doing awesome!!! Let's do a girls lunch soon or play at the park!! What days are good for you????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute monkey cake! we did a monkey head for Mason'd first birthday too.

    ReplyDelete