Mackenzie is 2 weeks young already!! We went to her 2 week well check to check how well she was :) This wasn't the first time she had gone to the doctor though...we had to take her 2 days after we got home from the hospital because they were concerned about her weight. She hadn't gained any of the weight she lost in the hospital. So she went from 6 lb 2 oz at birth to 5 lb 7 oz when we left the hospital. Since I couldn't drive yet daddy and Cameron came along with us. Cameron was so excited to know that Mackenzie was going to see "his" doctor. It was actually a good thing we went 2 days after we got home from the hospital because I had been feeling horrible...I had a bad sore throat and my tongue hurt with blisters all over it. I was hot/cold and had aches. I had a rash all over and hives on my feet. Plus I had all the pain from the c-section. So, at Mackenzie's weight check appointment I asked the doctor if she would look at my throat/tongue. She took one look and said "oh that is awful, it looks painful and might be strep". They did a strep test and it came back negative. She said the hives were cause by an allergy to something. And told me to call my doctor to get in with him. That night I went to see my doctor and he couldn't believe I had gone 2 days like this. I had 3 separate things going on. 1- the hives were most likely caused by an allergic reaction to the Percoset. Which I NEEDED for the surgery/c-section pain. He gave me a prescription for another pain med. 2-I had developed a yeast infection my my mouth likely caused by the antibiotic they gave me in the hospital. I had to have an antibiotic because I was in labor for 12 hours and then had a c-section. He gave me some pills to help with my throat and tongue . 3-I had a fever and other symptoms caused by a bladder infection. Which I likely got from when the nurse took the catheter out. Another antibiotic was prescribed for that issue. I am happy to say about 4 days later I was out of my misery and feeling much better.
Enough about me, back to little Kenzie's 2 week check. She had her little foot poked to get blood for some tests. She cried, but was more mad that the nurse kept squeezing her foot to get more and more blood out. Mackenzie kept trying to pull her leg back and was putting up a good fight....as she was crying. She stopped crying immediately once the nurse was done and gave her foot back. Everything checked out well....She gained some weight putting her in the 8th% weighing in at
6 lbs 8 oz. She is 20 1/4 in long, putting her at 50 %, and he head measured 35 cm which put her at 25%. We don't go back until she is 2 months old.
You poor girl. Those are three pretty terrible things to deal with on top of c-section recovery and taking care of a baby. Glad you are better! McKenzie is so sweet!
ReplyDeleteDon't know how you got through all that, but you did because you are so tough! So glad everything is good with Mackenzie and you now. Can't believe she will be three weeks old Sunday. Cameron will get his way. She will grow up fast and soon he will have someone to play with. And I am afraid FIGHT with:) But you get through that also!
ReplyDeleteSo not fair when the mommy doesn't feel good. Hope you are doing much better so you can enjoy your sweet little babe!
ReplyDelete