Tuesday, March 6, 2012

6 months


Mackenzie has been in our lives for 6 months now!  Although we have been sleep deprived for these past 6 months, she has brought so much joy to our family.  She is such a happy baby....even without sleep herself!  We went to her 6 month well check today and she is healthy in every way.  She is 26" tall  (60%) weights 13 lbs 12 oz (11%) and 45% with her head circumference.


She continues to like her baby food, and only drinks about 2-3 oz of formula at a time (should be drinking 8 oz now).  Mackenzie sucks at sleeping....she wakes up almost every 20 minutes.  At least 12 times a night.  I think we are going to do the "cry it out" thing this weekend.  I hate the thought of it, but Jeremy and I can't last much longer on the 3 hours of sleep we get!  Mackenzie rolls all around and loves to put toys in her mouth.  She reaches for everything, especially my hair and loves to grab at my mouth.  She knows her daddy's voice and lights up when she sees him.  She also loves her big brother, he can make her laugh when she is fussy or crying.  Mackenzie gets so excited when Cameron talks to her and plays with her.  Cameron is already a protective big brother, he was so concerned when she was getting her shots today.  When the nurse was preparing everything, he started asking questions about the shots.  Then he held Kenzie's hand the whole time and had the most concerned look on his face because she was crying.  He kept saying "she doesn't like that, it hurts her."  Then on the way home he kept talking to her and telling her she was ok and tried to make her smile.  We love our little tiny baby girl.  She is small but she sure is strong and determined!  I can't wait to see what the next 6 months will bring!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Meg!!! She has got your number!!! She's way too big of a girl these days to not be sleeping better for you..., and should be through the night these days! Good luck with the cry it out! It SUCKS.., but if you stay STRONG it works!!! Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how cute little Cameron is. So in love with his little sister. What a darling boy. I can just see him being so concerned for her and the shots. I don't know how you have put up with her sleeping habits for 6 months! She is a doll baby but she, and both you and Jeremy, will be much happier when you can finally get some sleep! Good luck with the cry it out. Maybe you should just make it be one big party and plan to play games all night long for a few nights. What good parents you are. Like Linda said, stay STRONG. Ounce you start it you can't stop. It will work. In a few weeks you will all be new people:)

    ReplyDelete