Friday, March 9, 2012

It's time!!


All day I have been dreading tonight and what I knew was going to happen.  We decided we were going to start the "cry it out" thing tonight or what is known as the Ferber Method.  I took such cute, happy pictures of her all day just knowing that tonight she is going to be screaming her head off and if she could she would be swearing at me :)


I just keep looking at these pictures while she is bed crying, telling myself that "this too shall pass" and once we get past this hard part she will sleep better and Jeremy and I won't be zombies anymore!  But this is the worst torture for me to endure.  I can't stand listening to her cry when I know I could go comfort her!


I have been trying to keep myself busy the last few hours, doing noisy activities and am currently running bath water so I can go try to relax??!!  I then plan to eat a gallon of ice cream to make it all better, yes I am a self diagnosed emotional eater :)


On a side note, I made that cute headband flower she has in her hair :)  I decided I was going to start making her bows and stuff since they cost so much to buy and I need something in every color to match all her clothes!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet little Mackenzie. One day you will be looking back at this and laughing:) I can't imagine how hard it is! When you grow old like me, you forget everything you went through raising children, well, almost everything:) Sounds like you are doing all the right things, stay STRONG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I know how horrible it feels to let them cry. I used to go get in the shower so I couldn't hear Norah. I probably would have caved if Ben hadn't been the one making me follow through. Luckily it didn't take longer than a week or so for her to get use to falling asleep on her own.

    ReplyDelete