Friday, March 16, 2012

Update....

 It has been really nice weather the past few days, so we went to the park.  This was Mackenzie first time touching grass.  I remember Cameron didn't like the feel of it at first.  He didn't want to touch it with his hands or feet.  But she just kept rolling and rolling on the blanket until she came to the end and there was the grass.  Of course she smiled!!


I wish I could say she was this happy when we put her to bed at night!  But she is still crying when we first put her down.  She has done really well though, actually better than we expected.  She falls asleep after about 5 to 10 minutes of crying.,,,will sleep about 3 hours and then wake up crying a little but falls back asleep shortly.  She wakes up several times a night still, but is able to fall back to sleep without help within 5 minutes usually.  The best thing is I am able to lay her in her crib for naps!!!  It is freedom!  Even though she only sleeps about 1 hr I can get soooo much stuff done!  The other day I actually was able to shower, empty the dishwasher, do a load of laundry, check emails, pick up toys and clean up the kitchen all during her morning nap.  I never had this freedom with Cameron.  He never napped in his crib, I had to hold him because of his acid reflux or else I would drive him around to sleep.  I had no idea,until now, what my friends meant when they said they couldn't survive or get anything done if their kid's didn't nap.  It feels like a luxury to me!!

1 comment:

  1. A Luxury you certainly and finally deserve my dear daughter. What a GOOD MOTHER you are. Soon you will be my age and you will wonder what happened????? Much of all this you will forget, your children are the true jewels in your crown....and then come the Grandchildren, so get a SECOND CROWN READY:)

    ReplyDelete