Monday, April 23, 2012

Soccer Time

Omigosh it doesn't get any cuter than this...a bunch of tiny people all running in one giant group to get the ball.  It cracks me up!  I have been waiting for this day and it is here....YAY!  I have been so excited to get Cameron into sports and be able to go watch him and cheer him on.


Here he is in the pack, he is dribbling the ball in the front with the grey shirt....


second kid from the left chasing the ball....


The uniforms crack me up too!  Why don't they make them just a little bit smaller for the teeny tiny kiddos?  Seriously....I have his shorts rolled up 3 times and they still hang past his knees.  The short sleeved shirt hangs like its a long sleeved one and goes to his knees also.  If they could keep the same uniform until they were 12 then it might make sense.....



Jeremy is coaching his team.  He has 3 other boys and 3 girls on his team.  Cameron is the youngest on the team, he isn't even 3 yet and most of the kids are 4 already. They won their first game Saturday.  One of the little boys on his team is really good and scored 5 of their 8 goals.  Cameron had fun although we didn't really prepare him as well as we should have I guess.  He had only been to one practice and then warmed up before the game.  Both of these times consisted of each kid having their own ball to dribble and shoot with.  So after warm up time ended and everyone had to give their balls to their parents and only play with one ball Cameron got a little worried.  The game started and all the kids were like magnets to the ball....Cameron stood there with a little confused look on his face.  Then he ran over to the side to get his ball.  I guess he wondered why would everyone chase one ball when they could just go get another one.  I am always trying to talk to him and teach him how to solve his problems....so when I saw how he figured out how to solve this problem I had to laugh.  He was a little frustrated with not being able to kick the ball all the time and decided after half time that it was more fun to sit by mom and sissy eating snacks.  He opted not to go back in right away.  By the last 10 minutes of the game coach Jeremy was down to 2 players on the field.  One girl decided it was more fun to pick grass, another girl just wanted to sit on her dad's lap, and the two other boys said they were "done playing".  Jeremy had no idea what he signed himself up for.....I tried to tell him!  He is going to need to find a few tricks to keep their attention at practice and games as well as wear his "patience" hat :) 



It was a fantastic day.  The weather was sooo nice and it was so great to be outside!  I LOVE Saturday soccer games and can't wait for the many, many more Saturday sports days to come!!

2 comments:

  1. I feel bad we were not able to be there. I am so glad you took these pics. Love Mackenzie's hat and Cameron looks darling in his HUGE outfit. Yes, it will take a lot of patience, but how fun!

    ReplyDelete