Sunday, June 3, 2012

Cameron turns 3


Cameron turned 3 and had an Angry Birds party.  Jeremy manned the grill....smoking the chicken for dinner.


The kids played in the bounce house while dinner cooked....


Then we ate dinner....



followed by opening gifts.  Mackenzie had fun playing in the tissue paper and wrapping paper that Cameron threw on her :)

Cameron was so excited for his fishing pole so he could go fishing again.  He keeps asking me when he can go "fishing with Grampy up in the mountains" again.


Cameron got lots of fun gifts.  He got a train table and wooden train set and a new bike!


I captured his excitement when he opened up a Black & Decker tool set.  The next day he helped daddy set up his train table with his tools.


Time for CAKE!!  Cameron was sooooo excited for his Angry Birds cake.  He watched me make it and had a hard time keeping is hands off of it.  He talked about his cake non-stop for several days.  Making the cake was a lot of work, but it was so worth it because he was so excited about it.






Then we played pin the beak on the Angry Bird game I made. 
Jeremy spun Troy around several times so he was a little dizzy and almost stuck the beak on the TV...it was good for a laugh.





What a fun party.  What a fun boy Cameron is.  I can't imagine my life without him and he has made the last 3 years so much more enjoyable!!  I am so proud of him and who he is.  He is such a kind, loving, smart, funny, curious, energetic, active, insightful, observant, and obedient little boy!  I have a list of a few funny things he has said the past few months....

Margo asked  him what he wanted to be when he grows up and he said "a squirrel".

In the mornings while he watches Mickey Mouse I give him a little bowl dry cereal and for some reason it has just been known as "a snack" while I make breakfast.  So one morning Cameron opened the pantry and grabbed a granola bar and said he wanted to eat it.  I said "no he couldn't have that before breakfast" so he put it back and grabbed some fruit snacks and asked for them.  I said "no you can't have that stuff before breakfast, just your snacks."  Without missing a beat Cameron says, "mom these are snacks" and I said "no they aren't" (thinking that the dry cereal was the snacks).  He said "yes they are called fruit SNACKS!!"  Oh boy did I have a hard time not laughing :)

Cameron randomly asks for apple juice....I never buy any because it's a rare thing he asks for.  But one day I bought some and he happened to ask for it.  He was so excited I had some and said, "oh thank you, you  bought it for me, I knew you could do it."

We were downstairs playing in his playroom and I had put Mackenzie down for a nap.  Her room is right about his playroom.  So I pointed above us and said, "we need to play quietly because Kenzie is sleeping up there."  Cameron says, pointing his finger up, "no mom Heavenly father is up there."

He wanted me to "cut the feelings off of the apple" before he ate it.  I think he was getting the peelings and skin mixed up....so he called it feelings :)

Some times he says "are you kidding me" in a funny voice when I tell him something.

He was telling me that "mommy has hair and Kenzie has hair and he has hair, but daddy doesn't have any hair.  He cut it all off and put it on his chest."  

Cameron just makes me laugh all the time.  We really do laugh most of the day.  He is such a cool kid.  And he has a sense of humor that seems older than a 3 year old.  Cameron is always saying things like "it sure is a nice day today" or "look at those pretty flowers" or "I sure do love this drink".  My favorite thing is he always says "thank you mommy for making me my (dinner, lunch, breakfast etc.) without even  being reminded to say it.  I sure feel blessed and lucky to have such a sweet boy for my son!

3 comments:

  1. That was such a fun party! All your hard work paid off. Everyone had a wonderful time, especially Cameron. You are right, he really does seem older than 3. Love all your pictures and the funny things he has said. He is a darling little boy who keeps all of us very happy:) And, we love your dress:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers! Our little man is growing so fast. He truly is such a good kid and I know that a lot of the reason is that he spends all day every day with his mommy. Cameron is so lucky to have a mom that plans so many fun activities, plays with him a ton, and teaches him life's skills every day. I love the fun birthday cakes, it reminds me of my childhood when I always got to pick my birthday cake every year. I am a lucky man to have such a good wife and mother for my kids, and to have such wonderful, beautiful, little kids. Cameron brightens everyone's day with his happy personality and the way he gets so excited about every little thing. I wish I could be as excited about life as him. Thanks Cameron for being a part of our family and bringing so much joy to all of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute family you have! Can't believe Cameron is already 3! And I agree, the sweet innocent things they say and "thank you's" make it all worth it :)

    ReplyDelete