If we weren't at a public park/pond I would swear these ducks were somebody's pets! They Were afraid of nothing and totally friendly. I assume they know the drill, and they get fed very often....what makes me think this you ask? Well the fact that they smelled us coming a mile away and were all out of the water waddling up the grass to us before we even parked and got out of the car! Sheesh....it was insane!
They kept quacking and waddling closer and closer to Cameron, causing him to back up further and further. This brazen duck snatched the bread right out of Cameron's hands and "he ate my finger!" So much for a relaxing day feeding the hungry ducks. It was more like getting attacked by the begging, ungrateful, greedy ducks who fought each other for morsels of bread! I tell ya, next time we will be bringing protective wear since apparently this is a full contact sport. Not to mention I will be buying some loafs of day old bread somewhere and not taking our loaf of nice, new, soft, new, brand new, bread! Good thing I left Kenzie in her car seat, we didn't even have time to get her out, like I said, they knew we were coming before we even got there. I had to jump out of the car to give Cameron the bread. Our hour of leisure "let's go to the park and hang out to feed the hungry ducks and watch them play" turned into a "drive-by throw some bread at the ducks before they take it right out of your hands and hurry as fast as you can to get back in the car and shut the door before they jump in the car." Good times I tell ya' :)
What a funny story. Where in the world were you?
ReplyDelete