Sunday, July 29, 2012

Happy Birth Utah

The 24th of July is a holiday in Utah, a pretty big holiday with a huge parade and most everyone gets the day off.  One of these days when the kids are much older we MIGHT brave the parade.  It's a little too serious for me though, people camp out the day before to get a spot!  We did things a little more low key and less crowded....went to the zoo :)


We played at the park first before seeing the animals.  Cameron cracks me up.  He tells me to take pictures of him and said, "mom take a picture of me inside this turtle shell" and "mom take a picture of the alligator biting my arm" and then he wants to see them.




We always have to do the train ride....


I love to watch these two laugh with each other. 


Our neighborhood does a breakfast every year for the 24th, but we had it on that Saturday.  Cameron was so excited to decorate his bike for the bike parade.  We got there right before they were about to start so we were in the back of the pack...the very last of the group.  I figured I would take a few pictures of them starting and then I would run up a little and get some more pictures as he passed and then at the end.  Well, I didn't realize Cameron was in it to win it! 


He took off when they said "go" and was weaving in and out and around kids.  He was riding so fast and worked his way up to the front of the line. 


You can see him just behind the kid in the blue shirt...Cam passed him up and finished in record time.  Too bad it wasn't a race!  I guess I should have specified that to him.  However, I didn't even think it was necessary.  When I finally made it to the finishing point Cameron ran up to me and said "did I win?  I got here the fastest.  So I won right?"  Oh man I have NO idea where this competitiveness came from :)


After a delicious breakfast (which I wore more of than ate, thanks to Miss Kenzie) they had lots of fun activities for the kids.  Cameron went fishing for treats.



And rode on the swings.  He played in the bounce house and even got to ride a horse.  He had lots of fun.


1 comment:

  1. What a FUN DAY!!! Yes, Cameron, YOU WON! Glad you got a few pictures of him on his bike. He looked like he was having the time of his life. Loved the way you decorated the bike. Good idea to avoid the HUGE PARADE until they get older. You really have something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete