I signed Cameron up for swimming lessons and was a little worried that he wasn't going to like it. He never likes to get in the pool or play in the water, unless it's his bath tub or a really shallow area that he can just stand in. It was cheaper to split the lesson time between 2 kids so my friend signed her boy up also. Jayden and Cameron are friends and Jayden goes swimming all the time at his grandmas. So I figured Cameron might see Jayden in the water and not be so scared. Well, Cameron never ceases to amaze or surprise me!! It was the total opposite (as you can hear in this video) Jayden cried and hated every minute of it, even sitting on the stairs, and Cameron put his game face on and you would have never known he had never been in the water before!!
He was pretty happy and proud of himself. He is such a funny kid. He just kept saying "hey Linda" to his teacher and would tell her all kinds of stuff. He really loves to learn and I watched him listen intently to Linda and did everything she told him to do. He even stayed after his lessons to listen and watch her teach the next kid. I couldn't get him out of there...he was so focused on it.
The practiced blowing bubbles and putting their whole face in the water, kicking their feet, and floating on their backs. He was really brave to do this for the first time ever. She got him relaxed and then let go of him to float on his own for 10 seconds. I am so proud of this kid. I get excited to watch him conquer everything he tries to do!
Great Job Cameron! He always seems to enjoy whatever he does, and is so happy! I love that kid!! He has the cutest little personality!!!
ReplyDeleteShut Up!! That is too funny. Guess he wanted to out shine Jayden. That kid is too awesome.
ReplyDeleteThis was truly the summer for Cameron to LEARN many things and always with a huge smile on his face. I love to watch how intent he gets when the teachers are telling him what to do. He LOVES TO LEARN! :)
ReplyDelete