Sunday, November 24, 2013

Redrock Relay 2013

I LOVE relay races!  I get excited just thinking about it.  I don't think there is anything much better than being in a van day and night for 2 days with 6 people and running 3 legs with no sleep and random food/snacks.  I would love to meet the person who invented these races and give them a high five!

 This was my night run....at midnight I believe....it had been pouring (flash floods) rain for the two hours prior to my run.  My teammates ran in pelting rain, which I did not have to do, but it made for MUD, MUD, and more MUD.  I was so excited for my trail/dirt leg because all the other ones were on the road.  Well, the rain made it a different kind of fun.  It was harder to run in the mud, slipping around, with only your head lamp and a few van lights shining on the road.  The mud added at least 2 pounds to each shoe.  I ran 5 miles in this.  Vans were sliding off the road and some got stuck.  There was a mile or two that I didn't see any vans or other runners.  It was so fun.  A little more difficult because you had to be careful not to slide and fall, but I did a 10 minute mile.

I
 I had started to clean myself off so I could get in the van and the decided I should take a picture....so this is only half as bad as it really was!

 The girls in my van.  We had a blast.  Pretty much laughed the whole time!


 The "vamper" was awesome.  I have never done a relay in something like this....we had a bathroom and the seats made into a place to lay down.  The girls who had never done a relay didn't realize how spoiled we were!

got the team number marked on my leg.  I am ready to go....my first run!  Sooooo FUN!

1 comment:

  1. I just can't believe I gave birth to two runners. I am so glad you can run again Meg. It is because of your awesome attitude!!!! You look so happy, it makes me happy! You go girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete