We officially moved into our house Saturday May 9th, so that was our first night sleeping here. We slept in pretty late Sunday morning because we were up late putting stuff away and had spent 2 hours grocery shopping. Jer got up and popped open a can of Pilsbury cinnamon rolls and stuck them in the oven. I relaxed in our back yard and read a cute book about enjoying motherhood, that my mom gave me for Mother's Day, while he cooked breakfast. Well, he didn't set the timer and when he went to get the cinnamon rolls out they burned. So plan B for my Mother's Day breakfast (at 11 pm now) was a box of Betty Crocker blueberry muffins and scrambled eggs. I was starving by that point (being pregnant does that to you) so I think the burned cinnamon rolls would have tasted good to me!

After breakfast Jeremy gave me my present...this sweet Willow Tree figurine (I love these things!) the name of it was Guardian and the mother is holding her infant baby close, guarding him from everything (something mother's are inclined to do.) I thought it was so nice. Then we went to church....the 1-4 schedule is horrible! After church Jeremy started dinner. He made Herbie's famous fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and broccoli-thanks for such a good meal hubbs. I made some delicious brownies for dessert. I have to admit it was a strange Mother's Day being pregnant and anticipating being a mother. I was quite emotional most of the day. I spent a lot of time thinking of my mom and how awesome she is. The role of "mother' is the most important thing you can do/be in your life. I think I am nervous knowing that I am going to be everything to this little baby, he is going to depend on me solely in the beginning and throughout his life to teach him, love him, and help him develop into an adult!! I realize more and more every day how important my mom was in shaping who I am today. My mom is above and beyond special. She is the most selfless person I know, she always puts everyone else before herself (even with her own health issues.) She is such a good example to me of how I want to be with my children...she's always there with a listening ear, good advice, a helping hand, non-judgemental, constantly giving and doing, and patient. She stayed up every night to tell me a story after tucking me in (even though all she wanted to do was go to bed), she cooked dinner every night and we always ate as a family, and then there were the family vacations she and my dad planned, supporting all my sports events and running for student body officer. I love you mom and appreciate all you have done for me and still do for me. Once you are a mom you are always a mom and you've always been there for me, I know I can always count on you (and dad). Thanks!!
Oh my dear daughter:
ReplyDeleteWhat do I say after such a beautiful tribute to me. Thank you my dear! You are going to be the best mother ever. I just can't believe Cameron will be here in 12 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will have so many people to love him, you won't get your hands on him for a few weeks....except for feeding time. Love you dear. Mom