Saturday, June 5, 2010

One year check up

Cameron went to his one year Dr. visit the other day. Of course he was all excited, happy and running around the room with only his diaper on. His Dr. couldn't get over how "cute" and "smart" he is. I felt so bad because then the nurse came in and stuck his finger so she could draw some blood in a tiny vile. He didn't even cry, but he tried to pull his hand away from her death grip as she squeezed his finger really hard. Then she gave him 3 shots in his thighs. He cried after the 2nd shot and was really mad when she did another one. The good news is he is still growing, but apparently just really slowly. He weighs 19 lbs 4.5 oz (5%) which is weird because I don't think he looks skiny. Hi is 29.5 inches tall (45%) and his head is 45 centimeters (15%). She said his head looks great...you could never tell he had problems with the shape of it before. But the poor little guy has to get back on Previcid because he still has GERD or acid reflux issue. Good thing for insurance because the pills are an insane $200.00 we still paid a rediculious amount of $50. Now that Cameron is one he gets to drink Vitamin D milk, which isn't a problem....the problem is getting rid of the bottle. We are supposed to put it in sippy cups which he doesn't consider anything but a toy and hasn't figured out how to get anything out of them. I bought 3 different sippy cups and tried all 3...guess I will keep see how many more I can buy! The next Dr. visit is at 15 months, so hopefully we have the sippy cup mastered by then.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think he looks skinny at all!! He looks perfect, and he is way cute, I agree with the doctor! Glad he's doing well..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure would hate to be a nurse and have to stick such a cute little boy as Cameron! When I was a little girl, a little older than Cameron, I was at the Doctor's and the nurse came in to give me a shot, my mom said I didn't say anything or even cry. When she left I said "I can't wait until I grow up and I will stick her in the leg:)" Glad Cameron passed the test. He is just PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete