It was Jeremy's second Father's Day!! I made waffles for breakfast and then we went to church. All the dads got Dunford chocolate cake doughnuts (thanks to me....the Relief Society Presidency was in charge of it and so I thought that sounded good, I mean I thought the dads would all like that. And I knew there would be left overs...) After church we ALL took a nap, that was Cameron's gift to daddy. Then after dinner we went on a walk around the neighborhood with Cameron in his wagon and Tica on her leash.

Cameron loved this card we gave daddy and he just kept opening it up and babbling non stop like he was reading it to him.

We gave daddy a digital photo frame, that he can take to work for his desk, or he can leave it at home for us all to enjoy. I love these frames! It's fun to just have pictures constantly going because you neve really look at your pictures otherwise. Daddy also got a game for the Wii and a good looking shirt :)

We celebrated Father's Day the Sunday before because my mom and dad were going out of town for Father's Day (and my mom's birthday) so we had everyone over for an early celebration.


I don't know what I was thinking, but I thought it would be "fun" to make birthday and Father's Day cakes. I guess I thought since I made Cameron's birthday cakes I was a "professional caker" now and could just whip them out fast. It probabaly wouldn't have been as stressful if I didn't have to make dinner, clean the house, set the tables and a bunch of other preparations that day. Anyway, they turned out cute and in the end I am glad I made them because it was more special that way.

Here are the two birthday girls getting ready to blow out their candles. We celebrated my mom's birthday and Jeremy's grandma's birthday since they were within 4 days of Father's Day.


All the fathers were supposed to help blow out the candles, but my dad was the only brave one...and Emma just loves parties, she is always the first one to help open the gifts or blow out the candles :) Notice how grampy is holding Cameron...well, Cameron LOVES grampy!! He wouldn't let him out of his sight and would cry if grampy set him down. They have a special bond and grampy is really the only person he will let hold him. We had a good 2 weeks of celebrating. I hope you had a good Father's Day Jeremy. You are such a great dad and Cameron loves you! I am thankful for all you do for our family. I look forward to many more Father's Days and many more kids (well, maybe not many). I am also thankful for my dad. My dad is seriously the most patient, fun, thoughtful, hard working, loving, funny (great sense of humor), laid back, kind, dependable, generous, and genuine people in the world!! I am thankful for your example growing up and for all you did and still do for me. If I ever need anything I know I can always call you and you will be there. I can't even name all the times you left work to help me when I ran out of gas, my jeep broke down and needed a tow truck, I was lost and needed directions, and on and on....
Thanks for the wonderful Father's Day(s) Meg. You sure do know how to throw a party, even if you take on more work than necessary. The cakes turned out great, just like the party. This was definitely my best Father's Day yet, but every day that I get to spend with my beautiful wife and precious little son are wonderful.
ReplyDeleteWow, Thanks for the wonderful accolades that you have given me. I am proud to be your father, father-in-law and grandfather to Cameron. I wouldn't have it any other way. You are all so special that it is easy being all the things you say I am...Love you all.
ReplyDeleteGrampy Allan Wilson