Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Field Trip

Hip Hip Horray for field trips! My friend and I met at the aquarium in Sandy for a fun outting with the kiddos...her 3 and my 1 made for lots of FUN! I think I had as much fun if not more fun than Cameron. I LOVED the penguins!! I am embarassed to say I never knew penguins swam...I just thought they waddled around :)
We were lucky to get this picture because Cameron was having so much fun looking at the penguins he wouldn't turn around to look at the camera, but it was perfect timing when he did because we got the penguin in the picture too.

I guess I will have to rent "Happy Feet" now that I fell in love with penguins :) I never saw that movie but heard it was good.

Cameron and Lilly watching the penguins swim by


It was so cute to see them waddle around and then get to the edge and jump into the water.


Of course Cameron loved the ginormous frog and didn't want to leave it to see all the other stuff.



There are all these neat aquariums with tons of reptiles and amphibians. We saw hundreds of different kinds of fish, sea horses, octopus, sting rays, star fish, snakes, jelly fish (those were cool), lizzards, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember the names of or have never heard of!


This was pretty cool...you could pet the sting rays. They would come to the side and want you to pet them. I touched one and it was slimmy and weird. Cameron stuck his hand in the water but didn't get to touch one.

I was a little too slow and didn't get the whole shark in the picture, but we were looking at the shark tank that had several different sharks in it. There was so much to see and do that we didn't get to see everything. I bought a season pass so we will for sure be going back. It only made sense to do that....a one time ticket was $9 and a season pass was $20 for one adult. Kids 2 and under get in free. I am already looking forward to our next visit!

1 comment:

  1. You probably shouldn't admit that you didn't know penguins swam. that's pretty bad! forget happy feet, rent march of the penguins. that movie was awesome!

    ReplyDelete