I'm not so sure what I signed up for, but it's giving me a run for my money!! Cameron has done so awesome with potty training. He never has #1 accidents (unless he goes #2 and then with it usually comes #1). He just doesn't seem to care about going #2 in the potty. He did it once and earned a prize was totally excited, and every time he goes in his underwear he says "if I went in the potty I could have got a truck or candy". I had a friend tell me it took awhile for her boys as well, but it really only took a few time going #2 in their pants...they didn't like the feeling of it. I totally thought that would be Cameron....Mr. clean....but it actually doesn't seem to bother him! He sometimes wont tell me he went in his pants for a long time. I do lots of laundry every day and I am soooo thankful I didn't live in the days of cloth diapers!! I don't know how you did that mom. It's bad enough to get most of it off in the toilet and then put them in the washer!!
It really hasn't been a problem until tonight. Every time he has had an accident it has been at home. Which has been extremely lucky because we are always gone somewhere during the day! Well, we had gone to Target tonight...Cameron had gone to the bathroom a few minutes before. We were in Target for about 10 minutes (items in the cart) when Cameron announces he just "pooped my pants" as if it was no big deal. Then he says "let's change them". I told him I didn't bring any extra underwear and we would have to go home. Just then we ran into some friends from our neighborhood. Cameron gives the guy five and tells him he pooped in his underwear. I told them I was going to abandon my shopping cart and head home. Cameron was upset because he wanted to stay at Target "I love Target" and get popcorn. We came home changed his underwear and then he says "now let's go back to Target". I told him we weren't going to go back tonight...explaining why....hoping that it would maybe have some sort of an impact on him and help him realize there are consequences to pooing his pants....hoping he would resolve in that moment that he would never go to the bathroom in his pants again....that he would see if he had only told me he needed to go potty at Target, he could still be there eating popcorn instead of home....but here he lays on the couch watching TV and by the looks of things he doesn't really care or probably doesn't even remember what just happened. The things we go through as parents. I understand why some people choose to hibernate during the potty training phase in life....I just can't do that though, I'm not sure what would make me more crazy! So for now I will just stick an extra pair of underwear and pants in my car instead.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute kid. Don't give up...I know you won't! He will finally get it. You are right about the cloth diapers. I don't know how I did it either:( It really was HORRIBLE!!!!
ReplyDeleteZane pooped his pants a lot. He was too busy to stop doing anything to go potty. Man, I'm glad that's over. It will be over for you soon too.
ReplyDeleteI know I'm not the one that has to clean it up, but look at that face! He is very smart, but I think they are so used to having poo on them that it's not as big a deal to them as it is to us. He will get it. Yes, Janet, those cloth diapers were pretty bad, especially the dunking in the toilet! YUCK! Grammy T
ReplyDeleteJust wait until you are on a road trip and can't stop for a potty break, so you tell them to pee in a bottle and then get showered with pee cuz they can't quite make it. LOL
ReplyDelete