Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Another shower...

What a busy, relaxing, and fun day! I started off my day (Thrusday, May 7th) by getting a pedicure at a really cute place called "Nailed". Amy gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure at my friend shower. What a perfect gift to give a pregnant person who can't bend over to reach her toes...let alone even look down and see her own toes ;) Its a fun place to go, there is a little botique at the front of the store with jewelry, purses, hats etc. If you don't have an appointment you get trapped by looking around at all the fun stuff. Hence, the reason I found and bought a really cute hat that I couldn't pass up!

Don't pay attention to my swollen, pregnant, due in 20 days, can barely fit into my shoes feet. Look past that and notice the color of polish on my chubby, sausage toes! I thought it was a great color to detract from my feet but then decided after the fact that maybe, just maybe they draw more attention to them!! DOH! Anyway, the color is called Prince Charming...I liked the name...I love silver...and that is what it is, it looks like I glued tinfoil to my toes. After my relaxing pedicure, I met my favorite, truly committed, Training Table friend Amanda for some lunch. We ate, laughed, and I got some good advice from her since she is a new mommy herself.

Then I went home rested for a few minutes, got ready for my last shower. Some of my mom's friends, neighbors and people from the ward threw a big shower for me. I just hung around the chocolate dipped strawberries all night....

My mom, Shirlee, & Jewel in the kitchen preparing for the big event.


Melaine, Jewel & me waiting for the fun to begin.


I sat in a nice comfy chair most of the night and people came to me...it was a sweet set up. I only had to get up when I went to the bathroom (which was about evern 30 minutes!)


I got a lot of cute clothes and fun blankets, but not too many items off my registery list. This was one item we got that we needed...a baby monitor. I also got the cute crib mobile I signed up for. I'm way excited to get it all set up.

As usual, I didn't get many pics of the evening and everyone there...it's hard to get everything perfect.


1 comment:

  1. LOve the toe color, thats the same color I'm rockin right now :) Although my pedicure is crappy cuz it was done by me.

    ReplyDelete