Sunday, October 16, 2011

Rocks ROCK!

Have I mentioned how much Cameron loves rocks. Yes he is a boy and most boys collect rocks I have heard. BUT do most boys collect rocks EVERYWHERE they go?!? I am serious about the EVERYWHERE. And he can tell me where each one came from...it's crazy that he remembers. I have started to plan some extra time when I run errands because we always have to gather a few arriving gifts and parting gifts (rocks) at each and every stop. He points out rocks as we are driving and tells me if they will make a "big plop" or a "tiny plop" in grammy and grampy's ditch. The other day we were at Janessa's soccer game and he picked up a rock. He was walking around talking about his rock and a lady said something to him about his and he told her, "yes it's a big rock and it will make a big plop in grammy's ditch." The lady wasn't sure what he was talking about and just said "oh". That made Cameron mad and so he yelled it louder and slower....I intervened and interpreted to her what he had said just so Cameron would stop yelling at her :)

So proud of this big rock!

We put his rocks in bags and save them until we go to grammy and grampy's house. One day I went outside and he had dumped out one of the bags to admire his collection I guess?! Then I started helping him clean them up as he told me about most of them,

We try to keep the rocks outside, but I have found them in: my shower, my shoes, his pockets=washing machine, the couch, his bed, dresser etc. I just hope this rock fetish stays innocent and he doesn't turn into a disorder....I have a little PTSD from a client I was working with. He walked in with a big, odd shaped rock and told me it was a petrified skull of some rare animal or alien or something. He refused to set it down because someone might steal it, people were after him to get these special petrified artifacts....his delusions didn't end there, but when I challenged him that it just looked like a rock to me I began to fear for my life. I told him I was going to give him a referral for a "more appropriate" treatment facility and he said he was going to go put the skulls in his car where it was more comfortable. We both knew he wasn't coming back :) So, until Cameron starts believing these are more than just rocks I won't be too concerned....

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love to have Cameron bring his rocks to our ditch...or should I say stream. We have so much fun throwing them in. I hope he will always remember this as a fun thing he did at Grammy & Grampy's house.

    ReplyDelete