Thursday, October 6, 2011

Time flies

Raise your hand if you one month old.

I am growing up so fast. My mom can't believe how I am changing and growing every day. She says I remind her a lot of Cameron when he was a baby because I love to be held. I fall asleep in her arms and will be completely zonked, but the second she lays me down I am wide awake and cry to get her attention. I pretty much like to be held all day. I do like the car seat more than my brother did, I usually sleep when we go somewhere but if I can't sleep I get frustrated and then I do cry bloody murder. I don't really like to eat, I only eat about 1 or 1 1/2 oz. every 3 hours. I mostly like to snack...so I eat 1/2 oz here and 1/2 there. I am great at burping and my mom is extremely grateful that I don't have acid reflux like Cameron did. She really didn't want to get thrown up on every time she fed me. I get a lot of attention from my big brother Cameron. He likes to tell me things via my mommy. He says "mommy talk to Kenzie about big brother" so then my mom will say things like "your big brother Cameron is such a good helper, he loves to help mommy" and "your big brother listens so well, he likes to mind mommy" or "your big brother is reading a book right now, he is so smart and loves to read". Cameron will tell my mommy what to tell me sometimes, he will say "no, tell Kenzie your big brother is jumping on my bed." or something that he is doing. He is a funny kid and tries to make me laugh. If I am crying he tells mommy to "get her her blinkie (binki)" or if he can find one he just shoves it in my face. Sometimes I think he is jealous of me because he has started to throw some tantrums and he doesn't takes naps anymore. But mommy says she is glad things aren't worse and he is such a good kid. I still sleep a lot during the day, but am awake about 1 or 2 hours in the morning and then again for 1 or 2 hours after dinner. I sleep at night pretty well, I wake up about every 3 hours to eat (which really means I wake up and just want something to suck on so I can fall back asleep because again, food isn't really my thing).


My big brother likes to help mommy give me baths. He likes to use the washcloth to wash my feet and tummy. He takes it pretty serious and is careful. I really like my baths too. I never cry and sometimes I even fall asleep when they give me a bath. It calms me down and relaxes me before I go to bed. Mommy says Cameron used to cry a lot during his baths as a baby and he would move all around, but I just lay there like I am at a day spa getting pampered. Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Mackenzie, how did you get so old already. You look so cute sitting in your chair. You are lucky to have such a good big brother, who loves you. He is a pretty special little guy and he is lucky to have such a darling little sister as you. You both are very, very, lucky to have the great parents that you do. So many cousins, aunts and uncles too. But when it comes to Grandparents, well, we can't explain how much we love you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh she is a cutie Meg! And Cameron sounds like a stinker, you must be one busy mama :)

    ReplyDelete