Wednesday, January 4, 2012

5 years of togetherness


Wow, it's been 5 years already!  My parents babysat our kids that night so we could go out and celebrate.  We ate dinner at Carrabba's, my very favorite place to eat! Then we went bowling....something I haven't done in a very very long time.  It was fun :)



Then we went to San Francisco, one of my very favorite places to visit!!  Jeremy has never been there before so we did all the tourist things.  Alcatraz is a MUST SEE and top on the list.  I don't know why I am fascinated with prisons, but Alcatraz is so interesting.


The audio tour really makes it feel like you are there with the prisoners and guards, Jeremy couldn't believe how much he liked the tour.  It was my 4th time and I still loved every minute!



OH how I love the Ghirardelli Factory.  We stayed in a marriott in Fisherman's Warf area and it was 2 blocks from Ghirardelli....we went there about 3 times for yummy hot fudge sundays and hot chocolate.





We walked the entire San Fransisco Bridge....it's only like 2.5 miles but it was a good walk especially since it was a little chilli.  I thought since Sauscilito was on the other side of the bridge there might be some good places to eat or something to do.  But there wasn't....it was just bridge information and boring stuff.  You had to take a taxi or something to really get into the part of town that was interesting.


Since it was December when we went, there weren't all the fun street people and entertainers out working for money.  We did see a "fire/comedy" act which was good and spotted the "bush man" but didn't get to see him in action.



I did try clam chowder and re-confirmed that I hate it :)  Jeremy ate the clam chowder and re-confirmed that he is alergic to shell fish....


Just hanging out in the lobby of our hotel after a long day/night out.


Dinner at the Cheese Cake Factory...on top of Macey's....this is the view of the tree in Union Square and people ice skating.  We sat outside and it was such a nice night with such an amazing view. I think this was the first time I have ever been to the Cheese Cake Factory and didn't order Cheese Cake for dessert....only because I wanted dessert at Ghiridelli :)



Jer in front of Macey's building.  The CCF is on the very top floor.



It's always werid to see christmas lights on plam trees...just doesn't seem quite right?!



There were festive trees and such all around.  This tree was at Pier 39.


Us by the tree in Union Square.




Ok I have to admit, I planned this trip to be about FOOD.  That probabally comes as no surprise to those of you who know me!  I researched places to eat and found a food blog that I stalk quite frequently.  On there she talked about this place called Mama's.  It's only open a few hours a day and its a tiny place.  I walked there by myself one morning (Jeremy had a business meeting to go to) it was about a 20 minute walk.  When I got there the line wasn't so bad....only about 8 people in front of me.  I was prepared for the way this place worked which was a good thing.  Basically they only let a few people in at a time since it's such a small place.  So you wait outside.  They open the door every so often and ask those next in line how many are in their party.  Then they shut the door and when someone leaves and a table opens up they let you in.  This picture is the line behind me....about 20 people.



The line in front of me.  So I finally got inside.  I ordered my food, you watch them make it while you wait in line...they are cooking right there.  Again, I was glad I had read about this place on the food blog because it's cash only!  How bad would that suck to wait in like for 1 hr and then order your food to find out you can't eat there.

My mouth is watering just posting this picture and remembering how DELICIOUS it was!  I would go back to SF just to eat here and order this Pan Dore again.  It was thin sliced baguette bread prepared like french toast, with sliced apples sauteed in a lemon cream sauce.    Needless to say I made Jeremy hike back there with me the next day!  I also ate my fair share of sourdough bread while in SF.  And we discovered another AMAZING restaurant called The Pub which had the best BBQ sandwhich on sourdough bread.  We ate there twice also :)  Of course I had my hot fudge sundays and Trader Joes cookies and snacks....oh boy it was a fun trip!  Thanks to my family for watching the kids so we could get away.  It was hard to leave little Kenzie for the first time and for so long.  It was a much needed break but I was also excited to get back to the kiddos!  After we got back I realized I probabaly should have relaxed and slept a little bit while I could....but who wants to waste time when they are in SF!!!  Not me :)

3 comments:

  1. So glad you got the computer and are back to bloging again. I have missed it. Thanks for sharing all these fun pics. Glad you got to take the trip. What are we going to do about that SWEET TOOTH? You sure make food look fun:) Janet/grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a blast. I have to go eat something now...you made me so hungry. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is cool that you did your research before you went. It's always fun to do something different. The food looked yummy :D!!!!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete