Mackenzie had her 9 month well check and everything looks great! The doctor always laughs when she sees her....she says "she looks just like a little doll" and spends the first 5 minutes just looking at her. Mackenzie weighs 15 lbs 5 oz (3% for weight) she is 27 inches long (31% for height) and is 51% for head circumference. She didn't get shots this time so we left the office happy. Kenzie is feeling better...she had hand food and mouth disease the week before which gave her ulcers in her throat/mouth and a swollen, pink eye. She didn't eat for 2 days and was miserable. However, she tried to be her normal happy self and really was only fussy on Saturday morning. She cried for about 10 minutes, that's how I knew she wasn't feeling well :)
She gets to eat everything we eat now except milk, nuts, and fish. She loves to eat but has a hard time with certain foods since she doesn't have teeth her tongue just ends up pushing it back out. Yesterday Mackenzie just decided to tackle the stairs. Cameron was standing a few stairs up and she just went for it.....no hesitation, no prompting, no effort, no turning back. She climbed every single stair until she got to the top and then she sat up and smiled as we clapped for her. Cameron was so cute he said "I am so proud of you Kenzie!" Then he wanted her to do it again. She will be walking soon! I'm not sure I am ready for the little terror she is going to be. She already pulls all my decorations off of everything and throws them. Cameron never bothered my decorations, I didn't have to worry about moving it out of his reach but I will with her. It's so funny because Cameron will tell her "no Kenzie those are mommies decorations, don't play with them." And he will pick them up and put them back without me even asking. It's funny because he cares more about it than I do. I just like to watch her explore and have fun. Never a dull moment around here :)
Love this little "doll" It will be so fun to see her walk. She really will look like a wound up toy. Look out world, here comes Kenzie:)
ReplyDeleteShe's a cutie pie!!!!
ReplyDelete