This post really doesn't need any words...in fact I am speechless just looking at the pictures and remembering the AWESOME concert!! So Jeremy got me tickets to see Billy and Elton (oh yeah Elton was there too...I like Elton but I love Billy) Anyway, so he gave me these tickets for our anniversary in November. You might remember this story from that post I did then. We had a weekend get a way in Park City and were supposed to go to the concert one of those nights, but it got cancelled because Billy or Elton was sick. Total bummer. But they just rescheduled it for Feburary 19th. I am just now posting these pictures because being the great law abiding citizen and upstanding rule follower that I am :) I honored the rule of NO CAMERAS ALLOWED. Not wanting to risk them finding it in my purse during the purse search, pat down, wand screening you go through to get into a concert and having to walk it all the way back to the car and then miss the beginning of the show! I was just a little ticked off when EVERYONE except ME had a camera. It was quite annoying and distracting to see all the flashes going off every second. So how did I get these pictures you ask?? Well, there just happened to be 3 very drunk and obnoxious older ladies sitting in front of us. I be-friended them (after cursing that we got stuck behind idiots who were trying to out sing Billy and Elton and were taking more pictures of each other than of the concert) However, it always pays to be nice to people right? So I happened to ask one of them if they would email me some pictures. After waiting several months I figured she was either too drunk to remember our conversation or was just flakey. Well much to my surprise I opened up my email today and YIPPEE this is what I saw.
The thing I love about Billy is he engages the audience and is so funny and active. He cracks jokes, plays the piano with his butt and it acutally sounds good...he twirls the microphone and doesn't miss a beat. Elton is a great singer and has great music, but he seems to have an inflated sense of self and is too serious (I have no idea how he can take himself serious with the outfits he wears!) He changed a few times during the show too.
How could you be so lucky to have someone actually send you those pictures. Only you Meg!
ReplyDeleteWahoo! The drunk-ers pulled it off! lol
ReplyDelete