Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Love Day '09

I got Jeremy a wallet for Valentine's Day...when I asked him what he wanted that was what he told me. He really needed one because his other one was falling apart. I thought 'that's a good thing to get, but it seems kind of boring!' Trying to be creative, I remembered that the Lakers were only playing the Jazz in Utah one home game this season, and it was in February. So I called around and tried to find some good tickets. I ended up getting some sweet tickets, with the help of my dad and a generous neighbor. Row 19...not too shabby! So little did Jeremy know that inside the wallet was the real Valentine's present. He almost didn't open the wallet to look, he just glanced over it and said "thanks"...when he went to look again he finally opened it up and got really excited!


I'm not sure why the picture turned this way, it's not how it was when I took it. Anyway, tilt your head if you want to check it out :)

We had fun making sugar cookies and icing them! The rule was we could eat the ones that break while we ice them...needless to say plenty of them broke that night ;) We stuck with the tradition of ordering Chinese and staying in...to avoid the crowded restaurants. We watched a movie while cuddling up to a fire.

Troy and Spencer on their cool scooters. Troy's new scooter was hillarious, you have to wiggle your butt and hips to get it to go...I even tried it out, but nobody wanted to take a picture of a 6 month pregnant chick shaking her booty!


Lindsie and Mallory had fun on the skating rink. Mallory enjoyed the music more than the skating I think...she was singing along and dancing most of the time.

Every year my mom and dad do a Valentine's party for the whole family. They started the tradition like 8 years ago and we go to Classic Skating for a party. They buy a bunch of game tokens, skating passes, bounce zone tickets, and lazer tag games for everyone. They order pizza and drinks and we eat and play all night long. We get worn out by the time the night is over.


Janessa, Jeremy, my dad and I had fun using most of the tokens to play the games. Jeremy and Jay were shooting baskets most of the night trying to break each others record. I played skee-ball and shot some baskets too. Then it was time to play lazer tag. We were all on one team against 2 other teams and our team won! Thanks mom and dad for all the fun things you do for the family.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you took some pictures making the cookies. After all we were in St. George and you guys had the whole house to yourself. So, I was glad to see what you were up to:)

    Glad you remembered to take your camera to the Clasic Skating Place. That was a fun evening. Let's keep the tradition going! Hope the music won't be too loud for Cameron next year. It will be so much fun to have another Grandchild!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, thanks for taking pictures. That was fun!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete